Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 3-itunes Account Problem

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

Right this is a bit confusing but I'll try to be as clear as possible. My Mother got an upgrade on her iphone 3 and got an Iphone 4s so she gave the iphone 3 to me. She used the new sim card that she got with the new iphone, I used the sim card I got from my old phone and put it in the iphone 3. The problem is that we now share the same itunes account on both phones. Does anybody know how I can create a new itunes account for the iphone 3? Should I delete the current account that I have on it? Will I need credit card information to create a new itunes account?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Right this is a bit confusing but I'll try to be as clear as possible. My Mother got an upgrade on her iphone 3 and got an Iphone 4s so she gave the iphone 3 to me. She used the new sim card that she got with the new iphone, I used the sim card I got from my old phone and put it in the iphone 3. The problem is that we now share the same itunes account on both phones. Does anybody know how I can create a new itunes account for the iphone 3? Should I delete the current account that I have on it? Will I need credit card information to create a new itunes account?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

You could use the same account if you want but I prefer to have separate accounts per person, just configure that when you download apps they don't auto install on her phone and the other way around.

I created account on the Itunes on PC, if you select a free App it won't ask you for a credit card number, I assume is a similar process in the App Store in the phone, to test, open it, in the top 25 list scroll down and click on t and "Sing out" when you try to get a Free app it will ask you to create a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Thanks mate, that method worked.

The next question I have is, now that I have created the new account, how do I get the iphone 3 to recognise the new account as the default itunes account. I've tried going onto settings on the iphone 3 and clicking on icloud, it says though that the account in activation is the original itunes account (rather than the one I've just created) and it doesn't allow me to change it from there. Any ideas on how or where I can change it from the original itunes account to the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks mate, that method worked.

The next question I have is, now that I have created the new account, how do I get the iphone 3 to recognise the new account as the default itunes account. I've tried going onto settings on the iphone 3 and clicking on icloud, it says though that the account in activation is the original itunes account (rather than the one I've just created) and it doesn't allow me to change it from there. Any ideas on how or where I can change it from the original itunes account to the new one?

If you go to Settings, Icloud, click on the email address you should be able to edit it there. Also in settings verify itunes has your email address listed, when synching from Itunes in the PC also do it when logon with your itunes account.

nava wrote: »
    If you go to Settings, Icloud, click on the email address you should be able to edit it there. Also in settings verify itunes has your email address listed, when synching from Itunes in the PC also do it when logon with your itunes account.

Ye I've tried the going to settings, i cloud and clicking on the email address but for some reason the phone wont allow me to click on the email address, the current email address is that of the old itunes account and its a shaded in grey so it wont allow me to edit it from there.

I've signed into itunes on the new account I created so it does seem to recognise the new account and the new email address along with it.

Crisis averted. Turns out I just had to delete the current icloud account that was on my phone in order to sign in with the new account. Thanks for your help mate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement