Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence for privacy

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Moving into a new flat which has a communal back yard that we've been allowed to fence off for some privacy. Does anyone know where I'd get really cheap fences or trellis fencing or have any ideas that would be super cost friendly!!??growing trees not an option because would take so long to grow!any suggestions-quirky or otherwise would really help!! thanks ! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Unfortunately, it would be quite likely that the trees would die if dug up and transplanted at this time of year. That's best done when the plants are dormant - roughly late November to late February.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Heiton Buckleys and Chadwicks were recently selling 6 x 6 foot pressure treated trellis frames and "hit n miss" fence panels for 25 euro each.

I bought a fair few trellis frames at that price.

Good value.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

slowburner wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it would be quite likely that the trees would die if dug up and transplanted at this time of year. That's best done when the plants are dormant - roughly late November to late February.
    I'm still a bit of an amateur with this stuff, thanks for the tip :)

Advertisement