Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my 3 three year old girl wants to play with me all the time.

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

my girl wants someone (me) to play with her all the time.she will go to montessori from september this year.I take her to toddlers group and parks and many places but she likes to play alone (on her own) there and when we are home she wants me to play with her all the time.it is not really possible for me.I dont work but i have other chores to do and need some time of my own( peaceful time).my husband takes care of her some 3-4 days a week after work,depends,if i ask him to and i may get some time off from her and him :)
    But the issue is how to make my girl play on her own for some time.she has many age appropriate toys as well.even if she does painting she needs me siiting besides her and appreciating her on her every stroke of brush,you know......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Our little one can be the same so rather than spending our time together playing with her toys and getting nothing done in the house, I try to include her in whatever I'm doing: loading clothes into the washing machine, sitting on the counter beside the sink whilst I wash up and letting her wash her own plastic dishes etc. At that age even the most boring of chores can be a fascinating game.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Sleepy wrote: »
    Our little one can be the same so rather than spending our time together playing with her toys and getting nothing done in the house, I try to include her in whatever I'm doing: loading clothes into the washing machine, sitting on the counter beside the sink whilst I wash up and letting her wash her own plastic dishes etc. At that age even the most boring of chores can be a fascinating game.

And by successfully completing/helping with 'grown-up' tasks it helps them to have enough confidence to start doing things on their own.
    They REALLY like to feel useful!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you need stuff done in the kitchen - dinner, cleaning, laundry, put a chair up to the sink and let her "wash" a few bits of tupperware for you. With bathrooms, let her polish the mirrors and line up the toiletries while you bleach the loo and wash down the shower. You could put all the dirty laundry to be sorted into the middle of the kitchen floor and she can make piles of whites and darks and colours. She can tidy up toys in her room while you change sheets, or arrange your shoes while you sort out your own room. most kids love hoovering too - takes them ages, but thats to your advantage ;) I vaguely remember the mother "needing" all her tinned items in the kitchen organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

interesting ideas,,my little girl helps me with my chores really a lot but now a days she just says no for it even if she is allowed to mess, i mean she can play with flour for a while and then start our baking, etc,started planting- worked well for few days but no no now! whatever i say the answer is I want to do something else..what else? 'I dont know mama just something else'

reading,painting,cooking,cleaning,sand play,gardening,riding her scooter,jumping on trampoline,riding on my back, play dough, all are now no no for her,lost of ideas really :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Aw, she sounds like she's asserting herself! At some point as a parent we all reach the point where we have to say 'Tough, go entertain yourself while I do this' - it's actually good for them to be bored sometimes, it makes them inventive and shows them they are not the most important thing in the universe (although they are of course:D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement