Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence for this rifle

Options
  • 03-05-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Good day all.i saw this rifle on remingtons website model 7615 pump action rifle in .223 it looks nice and with the price of 223 ammo i like it even more.im not talking about the police version just the ordinary hunting version with the wood stock.id put a picture here but i dont know how.:confused:
    id just like to get your thougts on licensing one of those.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As it's not a semi auto it would be unrestricted. I know it has no bolt, but each round must be manually cycled the very same as a bolt action. However i'm not the Gardai so it's only my opinion.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

the police version is the .223
    the wood one i think it's the 7600 if my memory serves me correct is 7.62x51, 270, .243 etc..
    i was looking into it myself a while ago as i've an 870 and it's pretty mush the same thing only chambered in a rifle cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Ezridax wrote: »
    As it's not a semi auto it would be unrestricted. I know it has no bolt, but each round must be manually cycled the very same as a bolt action. However i'm not the Gardai so it's only my opinion.

Classification wise it should be exactly the same as a bolt action repeater, the only difference is that the bolt is manipulated by sliding the front end backward and foward. I don't know those Remington pump action rifles all that well but I dare say that if you took her apart that the bolt head would look very similar to a bolt head on a conventional bolt action.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭black powder colt

if i read correctly the remington ranch carbine 7615 is in 223 its a nice looking rifle with wood stock they also have a camo version in 223 i wouldnt mind the 7600 ones but 223 is half the price of those cals i already have a 303 enfield to gobble up my euros for 90c a round so im looking for a cheaper shooter thats a little bit different.but will it pass the garda visual test.. by the way has anyone seen 223 fmj for cheaper then 9.95[sports den] a box of 20 fingle sports wants 11 euro for em

Advertisement