Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There's a rat in kichen what am i gonna do

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Fizman wrote: »
    Anyone else read out the thread title aloud to themselves in a Jamaican/Rastafarian accent?
    I started singing this :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Fizman wrote: »
    Anyone else read out the thread title aloud to themselves in a Jamaican/Rastafarian accent?

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I started singing this :o

Rastamouse = is awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You need a mobster for that cheese eating basterd,that or a pellet gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Stuff a block of cheese full of paracetamol, leave a suicide note, confess that he was emotionally unstable and take it from there.
    You'd swear this is the first time you committed murder :rollseyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

I read this title wondering if perhaps you were in the "Joy" and suspected that your fellow inmate, who gets his pocket money by working in the canteen, was passing on info to the guards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Are you sure it's a rat? Have you seen it. If you have rats, get in the professionals. Or stop feeding the cat. It won't be useless for long then!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

nuke it from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

gilman9955 wrote: »
    Get a life will ya

I think the man has a right to his own opinion, and he does have a life as he is a living person, you should get some sense and put some thought into your posts!

Sorry for going off topic.
    How in dafuq did you actually manage to get a rat into your kitchen!!!
    The thought of the vermin makes me shudder, get a cardboard box and put it over the rat then jump on it hopefully you'll kill it!

I actually worry about some of the individuals on this thread:eek: 'jump on it', 'mash it into the ground' etc. I know rats are vermin but could you actually do this? OP I'd call in the professionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Rent a cat from a friend for a few days :pac:
    While at my friends house last week, while playing music together with the band out of nowhere his cat busted out from beneath the shed after this monster rat and pounced, completely destroying it. He was well awarded for his deeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Archeron wrote: »
    Thread title would make a great first line in a nursery rhyme.

There's a rat in the kitchen what am I gonna do
    Call the old woman in the shoe
    Hey diddle diddle get the cat and the fiddle
    and this is the cat who ate the rat who ate the malt that lay in the house that jack built

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

call your local drug dealer tell him you have a rat in your kitchen ya need rid of... he'll send round someone to shoot it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you do borrow a Jack Russell and it kills the rat, you'll need something else to get rid of the Jack Russell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Are you sure its not a mouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Get a mousetrap, put cheese on it.

When it gets close to the trap, activate the semtex and blow that fùcker sky high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I actually worry about some of the individuals on this thread:eek: 'jump on it', 'mash it into the ground' etc. I know rats are vermin but could you actually do this? OP I'd call in the professionals.

Eh, yes... We kill pests all the time. Nothing to do with it being a big evil rat or just a rat or anything of the sort. Kill it humanely and get on with your life.

Eh, yes... We kill pests all the time. Nothing to do with it being a big evil rat or just a rat or anything of the sort. Kill it humanely and get on with your life.

Yea but mashing it into the ground isn't really humane is it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the big question is why is there a rat in your kitchen in the first place ya filthy beggar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Just buy a new house OP. Preferably one without a rat in the kitchen :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Do you live beside a dump or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I have a jack russell but she is only 4 mths old.

At least he will grow up with the Rats babies that are probably due any day now!

I actually worry about some of the individuals on this thread:eek: 'jump on it', 'mash it into the ground' etc. I know rats are vermin but could you actually do this?

rather than squish it which is a bit yucky! Boot it but make sure you aim it at a wall so it gets double whammied, works every time and mess is to a minimum.

a mature jack russell would make mince meat of it in quick time.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yea but mashing it into the ground isn't really humane is it!

Yes, of course. It's going to be killed very quickly. Humane is not the same as neat. Typically, there's a big gulf between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Listen OP, stop posting your lyrics here and re-join the band. Let bygones be bygones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Do you have a tall plastic/metal bin?
    Try baiting it with food and see if it gets trapped there.

Put some food balanced lightly on a sheet of paper over a deep bin.
    The rat jumps from the counter on to the top of the bin to get the food,
    the paper gives way and it falls in.

Might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Archeron wrote: »
    Thread title would make a great first line in a nursery rhyme.

Or a song :eek:

Advertisement