Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to drink Mickey Finns without shots.

• 04-05-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

the situation is basically that I have a bottle of mickey finns that I need to get drunk off and I'm not sure how exactly. I know its usually taken by shots but I just want to drink it. its pretty strong to do that so I'm wondering if theres anything I should mix it with? like water or coke or something.

It has more alcohol in it than stuff I'm used to drinking, is it dangerous to drink it like that or drink like half a bottle of it in an evening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Neck that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Close your eyes and pretend it's a real drink. It'll go down easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

animan wrote: »
    Neck that

preferably not throw up afterwards. probably obvious to many here but I'm not really sure to go for that kind of thing. The best drinking instructions I could get from the internet is the below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Step 1. Get Glass!
    Step 2. Tell the Glass to "**** Off"
    Step 3. Man Up!
    Step 4. Neck that ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

only 15%. man up (is this term even appropriate for micky finns?) and drink up... a shoulder of vodka is more lethal. only problem is its too bloody sweet after ya get half way through. gimme a bottle of jameson or bush anyday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

buy some gelatin, make it into a big jelly and serve with vanilla ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yeah seriously just neck it. i'm a teeny girl and having drank half the bottle I wasn't even tipsy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Blast it with piss (1 in 3 parts) and you should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

On the JC results night i drank a bottle to myself, using the bottle cap as sort of a makeshift shot glass.

ended up trying to shake hands with passing traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

Its really bad that while i read through the thread i was thinking are you not supposed to just swig from the bottle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

On the JC results night i drank a bottle to myself, using the bottle cap as sort of a makeshift shot glass.

ended up trying to shake hands with passing traffic

ooh you big tough man, you must be cool, and have so many women ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Pour into a pint glass and swiftly dispatch down the hatch. Do you have anything else in the house to drink afterwards? It would be a shame to get a buzz going and have nothing left to sustain it through the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

pour into glass*
    add ice**
    add 7up***
    sip until glass is empty****
    repeat until bottle is gone

*mug/ cup/ even the bottle will do
    **or not
    ***or not
    ****no need to sip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Use it as a mixer for vodka*

*this will be the last thing you remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Depends on the flavour you have.

Not sure if Mickeys do a cola cubes one like Stiffys do but if they do, mix it with vodka and coke and it is yum yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

ooh you big tough man, you must be cool, and have so many women ;)

too many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There's not much in that sticky syrup to get you too drunk. It's fairly rotten crap. Neck it if you have to and if you enjoy it why not follow up with some toilet duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's nice with 7up, but even when I was 16 it didn't have much effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Get two slices of brown bread,remove the crusts and spread the Mickey Finns on them with a blunt knife.Then eat both slices of bread.You can throw the crusts in the bin or leave them outside for the birds to eat in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its barely stronger than wine, grow a pair and drink the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

15%? your man card should be revoked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

15%!They should sell that stuff to teens just to get me started properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭kirving

A friend of mine recently gave me a double shot of green absinthe, while pouring everyone else a shot of micky finns. I obviously wasn't expecting it, and coughed when I tried to drink it. Felt sick for the rest of the night with absinthe up my nose, and couldn't drink any more...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Stockey1994

A friend of mine recently gave me a double shot of green absinthe, while pouring everyone else a shot of micky finns. I obviously wasn't expecting it, and coughed when I tried to drink it. Felt sick for the rest of the night with absinthe up my nose, and couldn't drink any more...:o

That absinthe is great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Get a bag of ice, crush it up, pour Mickey Finns into it. Voila, alcoholic slushies! It's what I do during the summer! Easier to drink cos its cold and some of the bitterness goes away! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

animan wrote: »
    Neck that

From Wikipedia.

Making out, a term for heavy kissing of the neck or petting of that area.

As used by Holden Caulfield.

Necking, a behavior of giraffes.

Male giraffes use their necks as weapons in combat, a behavior known as "necking". Necking is used to establish dominance and can occur at low or high intensity. In low intensity necking, the combatants rub and lean against each other. The male that can hold itself more erect wins the bout. In high intensity necking, the combatants will spread their front legs and swing their necks at each other, attempting to land blows with their ossicones. The contestants will try to dodge each other's blows and then get ready to counter. The power of a blow depends on the weight of the skull and the arc of the swing. A necking duel can last over half an hour, depending on how well matched the combatants are. The winner will mount his opponent in a show of dominance. Males that are successful in necking have greater reproductive success.

Do not neck it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

Being a girl I'm having trouble getting around the "man up" advice, I tried! :(

Basically I took a glass of it in ice and found it really difficult to drink, it was too strong tasting and just felt a bit anxious that it'd be bad for me drinking it like that.
    I tried diluting it in water after and it tasted like a freeze pop but wasn't getting me drunk at all, I probably diluted it too much.
    So I just went out sober.

I still have a near full bottle of it and am wondering what to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I still have a near full bottle of it and am wondering what to do with it.

Bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

the situation is basically that I have a bottle of mickey finns that I need to get drunk off and I'm not sure how exactly. I know its usually taken by shots but I just want to drink it.

Enema!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm a girl but I would have no problem drinking that, though it gets bitter after a while.

I'd just neck it straight but if you want, mix it with something fizzy, then throw it back.

There's no rules when it comes to alcohol, except to drink it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

smash wrote: »
    Enema!

That would be exceedingly dangerous, do not do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

There's no rules when it comes to alcohol, except to drink it :pac:

ASL?

Advertisement