Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help Xbox Live Connectivity issues

Options
  • 04-05-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i need you're help please im having problems connecting to XBL properly it says my NAT Type is strict or moderate most of the time

Now im running on wired TP Link Router and im a complete novice with opening ports and all that stuff i have tried it but nothing doing at the moment, I can connect to some games but find theres hardly any people on them and have a feeling this is why sometimes it takes ages to find a game on fifa too

Any help in plain in english would be massively appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what's the router model? Have you already went to the admin of the router and tried to change the nat type there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its a TP-Link Router as i said in my 1st post model Wr740N is the number I've tried opening ports and things but im still getting disconnected from Grand Theft Auto and others like it, Would the firewall have anything to do with it ? ? I was fit to fire the Xbox out the window there a while ago !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

What setting is your firewall on?try setting it to low.What ports did you forward?

Ok just looked at the firewall settings and it just says spi firewall enabled also the ports i forwarded are 88 UDP and 3074 TCP and UDP but still no avail

Try giving this a go http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/TP-Link/TL-WR740N/Xbox_Live_360.htm
    You could try disabling the firewall just to see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement

Okay will let ya know how i fare out

Okay opened all the ports and disable the firewall , And i don't know its like its connecting to games but then when i try to move or anything it says you were disconnected due to connection issues with other players !!! GRRRR

Did your NAT type change when you disabled the firewall?

It says my NAT Type is moderate on my XBL when i do the connection type , but can't find my nat status on the router page itself

You wont find the nat type on your router.The next thing you could try is to put the Static IP of your xbox into the dmz on your router

• Advertisement

I still reckon its the firewall although it seems to be disabled

If you put the ip of the xbox into the dmz it wont be affected by the firewall.

Okay have that done plus it says on the right of my router dmz page ...any PC that is set to be DMZ host must have its DHCP client function disabled do i have to do this aswell ?

By setting up the xbox ip address manually its already been disabled.Have you got everything set-up right on the xbox side of things?

Yeah pretty much i mean i can't think of anything else that could be wrong :(

Did putting the ip into the dmz make a difference?You may need to restart the router and the xbox for it to work.Also what dns are you using on the xbox?

No diffrence and im using the auto dns settings

try setting your dns as 208.67.222.222 and alternate dns as 208.67.220.220.What isp are you with?

Maints broadband there a local crowd down here in limerick

I'd say your going have to get in touch with them,I was with a similar isp before and had to email them and ask them for a static ip and everything was grand after that.

• Advertisement

Cool its looking like il have to do that

Also man forgot to say but massive thanks for helping me out have emailed my ISP so will let you know how i get on

No problem man,been through it all myself so I know how frustrating it is.

Advertisement