Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC ONE-X v Samsung Galaxy S3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just seen this on twitter
    http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-vs-htc-one-x-international-81059/

So apparently the SII camera is better. I think this highlights how subjective all these things are.

Now where's my N82, that had a proper flash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Pre production software I would say, really would like to know more about how they were taken as some look at different times. BUT deffo the HTC looks good!
    Guess we wont know for sure till they start to ship and/or get a cam FW update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Enjoying this discussion...but screensize just too big for what I want in a phone - wish they would bring out a model at about 4", otherwise I will still be looking at the Nokia Pureview 808

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

So, I have a small dilemma I was hoping someone could offer advice on.I signed up to the eMobile offer for a HTC One S on Select Unlimited for 35 Euro a month, 89 Euro upfront for the One S.Last night I got a call from 3 offering me the S3 for free on preorder on the 40.66 Euro plan a month.Now I'm not sure if I should stick with the One S.Anyone have any gripes with it at all?Is there any one thing that could sway me either way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I have te One X in black and I think it looks pretty professional. The S3 looks like the Europa or a budget smartphone from 2 years ago. Very meh.

Anyway, no matter which one you get they're both class phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Do people in general think that the S3 has been overhyped?I was expecting a smarter design, as per above it does look very meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Certainly overhyped, yes, and given it was launched 3 months later than the One, was somewhat of a disappointment, but in fairtness, it will be in shops only about a month after launched, was a bit more time between when the One X was launched and was actually available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭keredern

cadger1978 wrote: »
    So, I have a small dilemma I was hoping someone could offer advice on.I signed up to the eMobile offer for a HTC One S on Select Unlimited for 35 Euro a month, 89 Euro upfront for the One S.Last night I got a call from 3 offering me the S3 for free on preorder on the 40.66 Euro plan a month.Now I'm not sure if I should stick with the One S.Anyone have any gripes with it at all?Is there any one thing that could sway me either way?

I'd stick with Emobile & upgrade to the HOX...it's out of this world.;)

Have that deal myself & absolutely delighted with it!

The HOS is gorgeous too:)...I just have to have the big one!!!:rolleyes:

I'm with Three also but got the Emobile offer for the son...he's keeping his own phone & I have the amazing HOX unbranded & unlocked...yippee!!!

Signal on both Emobile & Three is awful where I live but fine most other places!

But I'm sure the SGIII will be excellent also...I just love HTC!:p

Advertisement