Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB360 Controller not working after leaked battery.

Options
  • 04-05-2012 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

As it says in the title. I had a leaked battery in a controller but it hasn't stopped completely working. When you put in new batteries it works for a short period then stops. The discharge from the battery seems contained to the battery compartment. Any suggestions how to get it working again? Is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Have you a play and charge kit you could try on the controller just to see if that works?I'd say its time for a new controller,acid from the battery has probably caused some corrosion to the circuit board beneath it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Clean the springs or metal plates inside the battery compartment with a rough cloth until the brown acid gunk is almost gone, then use a flat-head knife and scrape the metal springs or metal plates until said gunk is gone and repeat till it is all clean and it should be ok.

If the acid has leaked onto the circuit-board then you will have to disassemble the controller and clean the board as well and it should be fine thereafter. It's only acid and can be cleaned and fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I used a damp cotton bud. Put in the previous batteries that had stopped working and I'll see how it goes later. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Seems to be working fine now, thanks to those who made suggestions.

Advertisement