Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Folds Five - Vicar Street, November 26th

Options
  • 26-04-2012 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever seen these live before? Never seen them but love their albums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen these live before? Never seen them but love their albums.

where did you see these dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Nerds go wild!
    \m/:D\m/

I saw Ben Folds Five in the Red Box, Christmas 1997. Superb stuff. I've gone to see Ben every time he's played here since (including forking out for the Divine Comedy show in the Ambassador, solely to see him do a glorified support slot).
    The prospect of the original band together again is too good to miss, not least because House, the new track on Best Imitation Of Myself, is killer, and bodes well for their new album. We never got to see them do anything off Reinhold Messner either, so this will be a chance to see them play some of those songs too.

Aiken only have the first show listed, but they clearly know there's going to be two and will add it due to "overwhelming demand".
    Tickets for the November 26th show are on sale Friday 4th May at 10am, priced €43.05.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cannot. ****ing. Wait.

I've seen Folds solo three times, but there's still something extremely exciting about seeing the trio in action.

Although prefer Tell Me What I Did off Best Imitation... more in line with cheeky old BFF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

awesome :-)

such a good year for gigs and lots of varied stuff ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Tickets on sale now... or they should be anyway. Still telling me they're not on sale yet. Anyone been able to get in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No joy here either. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcclown

Squelchy wrote: »
    Tickets on sale now... or they should be anyway. Still telling me they're not on sale yet. Anyone been able to get in?

I can't get in either. Anyone else having any luck?

Argh. I have to feckin' leave for work in the next few minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

No, I haven't been able to get tickets online or by phone either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Anybody get tickets yet? Ticketmaster says they're for sale @ 09:00 today, but you can't get them online or on the phone. All other sites are saying 10:00am this morning...

Amateur hour.
    How hard can it be to set it up to go on sale on time?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

It's strange... seems to come up 'Onsale Now' when you refresh, but then reverts to 'more info' when it loads fully.

They haven't gone on Sale yet from what I've been seeing.....maybe it's 9:30

Dibble wrote: »
    No, I haven't been able to get tickets online or by phone either.

Same, I just tried it by phone

on sale at 10am now according to Aiken

Aye ticketmaster just updated that too.

It looks like standing tickets are available to purchase here: http://www.benfoldsfive.com/

It looks like standing tickets are available to purchase here: http://www.benfoldsfive.com/

Cheers, I got them through ticketmaster in the end

Finally. Don't make me get up an hour early next time ticketmaster *shakes fist*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Never mind, just got them ;)

Ticketmaster changed their time on the site at about 9:40 to read "On sale at 10:00". Bunch of morons.

Finally. Don't make me get up an hour early next time ticketmaster *shakes fist*

Nor me having to get a joer to work because I've delayed leaving... which didn't happen because as soon as I walked outside a colleague drove by and picked me up. :D

And I got tickets sorted, so that's good.

Also, apologies for duplicating a thread - in my haste to complain about fecking ticketmaster I didn't check for another.

Hey folks,

Just though I'd share this with you.

I tried to get 2 seating tickets for this gig through Ticketmaster, but I got the 'no tickets available for this section' screen. When I tried for Best Available, I was given the option of 2 standing tickets (@ 97euro).

I then tried the Ben Folds website and was able to buy 2 seated tickets in Block E that faces the stage. The cost of the tickets was 88 euro as there was only a transaction fee of 2 euro.

I just wanted to highlight this to anyone buying tickets for other gigs this year. There are (sometimes) alternatives to Ticketmaster, and these alternatives may have a greater selection of tickets at cheaper prices.

Anyway, for everyone going to Ben Folds, enjoy the gig!

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Never mind, just got them ;)

Ticketmaster changed their time on the site at about 9:40 to read "On sale at 10:00". Bunch of morons.

Got mine at ten, can't wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Hey folks,

Just though I'd share this with you.

I tried to get 2 seating tickets for this gig through Ticketmaster, but I got the 'no tickets available for this section' screen. When I tried for Best Available, I was given the option of 2 standing tickets (@ 97euro).

I then tried the Ben Folds website and was able to buy 2 seated tickets in Block E that faces the stage. The cost of the tickets was 88 euro as there was only a transaction fee of 2 euro.

I just wanted to highlight this to anyone buying tickets for other gigs this year. There are (sometimes) alternatives to Ticketmaster, and these alternatives may have a greater selection of tickets at cheaper prices.

Anyway, for everyone going to Ben Folds, enjoy the gig!

Cheers. Just saved nearly a tenner!

Only heard about the gig last night - thought it would have sold out already. Glad I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Does anyone know if there are any support acts tonight?
    I'd love to know roughly what time BFF is scheduled to go on - tickets just say "doors 7.30, show 8.30".

The Dublin show isn't even listed on the BFF website now. Only the UK dates, the first one being Manchester on the 29th, and the US ones in the new year. I'm sure it's just an oversight. The gig is still on, right...? :rolleyes:

The gig is still on, right...? :rolleyes:

Eep - it had better be!
    Thanks delbertgrady.

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »

Phew, nice one, EyesClosed.

Advertisement