Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken youtube links

Options
  • 04-05-2012 9:48am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This seems like a very specific problem. Using the new Firefox build on Mac OS Snow Leopard. Showing 40 posts per page, beta skin. Loaded up this thread - which has a plethora of youtube links - and all youtube embeds come up like this:

4si4p5.png

Also 'breaks' any youtube videos playing in another tab when the page tries to load. A quick check in Chrome and it's working fine on default view.

I know Firefox just update yesterday, so could be that, but just wanted to flag it anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Please check & verify your installation of Adobe Flash is up to date for starters. Also, if you visit youtube does it work fine and is it just Boards? I'd expect more than one report if it was an OS X/Firefox issue :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just updated Flash and it works fine now :) Still a bit clunky loading, but I think that might just be down to the thread itself.

Only reason I reported it was that embeds on other threads were working fine (as were youtube videos outside of boards), was just the vast amount of embeds in that particular thread seemed to cause the problem.

But all's good. Cheers Danny, apologies for the inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Just updated Flash and it works fine now :) Still a bit clunky loading, but I think that might just be down to the thread itself.

Only reason I reported it was that embeds on other threads were working fine (as were youtube videos outside of boards), was just the vast amount of embeds in that particular thread seemed to cause the problem.

But all's good. Cheers Danny, apologies for the inconvenience.

No inconvenience at all, thanks very much for reporting the potential issue :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement