Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell PSU - Replacement and Compatibility

Options
  • 04-05-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Dell E521 desktop and it's PSU has decided to give up.

I have checked and it seems that it can take a standard ATX PSU build - I can find several non Dell options that might be suitable. The Dell PSU rating is 305w and I am looking at some 350 or 400w replacement models.

I have a slight confusion on the connectors issue though. When a spec says that a PSU harness is fitted with 2xSATA connectors, does it actually mean two physical connectors or two strings of parallel connectors?

I actually only use two connectors at the moment (DVD and HDD), But they are quite a distance apart and I am sure that a single string with two connectors on it, will not stretch to the job.

The fitted Dell PSU has two separate SATA strings with two connectors on each (one string to HDD and one string to DVD)

I would like to assume that 2xSATA means two strings of connectors, but I an not sure - can anyone clarify please?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Sounds like two seperate one but type the name of the psu into google and stick "review" after it,some pictures should show up showing the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Hi
    I have this for sale in Adverts and I had it in a Dell Vostro

Click here

Specs are here Click here.

Advertisement