Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spraying

• 04-05-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hi i am going to use a sparyer for the 1st time belongs to a friend .hardi 44gallons i think .what do i need to look out for going doing six two acre paddocks with mcpa for light rushes .i presume to check all nozzles for spray water before i start
    mask .

what pressure etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Fat Cant

jerdee wrote: »
    hi i am going to use a sparyer for the 1st time belongs to a friend .hardi 44gallons i think .what do i need to look out for going doing six two acre paddocks with mcpa for light rushes .i presume to check all nozzles for spray water before i start
    mask .

what pressure etc
    I spray at 3 bar . watch out u don't catch the boom in anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

If your not too sure how it all works maybe do a practice run with water only in the first paddock to get a feel for it.
    From memory the PTO should be roughly level when spraying, but it's a while since I've had the sprayer on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

mask .

Nitrile gloves
    Be aware chemical can splash when adding to sprayer.
    Be aware of what crops are down wind of any drift.

If you are only doing a small area I would consider only spraying in one direction. ie Into any breeze and therefore keeping any spray drift away from the tractor cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

brian_t wrote: »
    mask .

Nitrile gloves
    Be aware chemical can splash when adding to sprayer.
    Be aware of what crops are down wind of any drift.

If you are only doing a small area I would consider only spraying in one direction. ie Into any breeze and therefore keeping any spray drift away from the tractor cab.

only crop downwind is neighbours rushes.

cab fairly waterproof.i presume no wind would be best.

how many litres per acre roughly and ground speed.

thanks again lads

Advertisement