Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bidding Process at a Mart Works?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

BeeDI wrote: »
    Now the next thing you need to learn about, is how drive up the price of your animals, the day you are selling:D
    Getting a mate to bid on them, up to a preset limit, just to encourage the jobbers, to keep wagging their fingers:D:D

'Careful now' 'Down with that sort of thing!'

You'd have no luck out of that kind of goin' on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Well - Got on well enough on Saturday - took on board as much of your advice as I could. Bought a BBX heifer in the end. Happy enough!

Started out the day inspecting animals in the yard and picking out what I was interested in. Went into the ring then, stood up high and watched what was happening. Eventually one of my chosen animals came in. Put a few bids on but let her go as things happened so fast, I was afraid of bidding too much. Done this a few times and got my confidence up. Was bidding on a few on the market up as far as my limit when I would stop. After about the 10th attempt, I landed my BBX heifer for €980. Went to the office picked up the pass out docket, got her loaded up and down home very satisfied. It was a huge experience for me and I cant wait to get back at it again. I was amazed at how fast it all happens and how many people watched the bidding - so much for being discreet! Thanks for all your help guys!

I'll be going to Ennis next weeks with a few bullocks. If you want to get a bit more practice I would be more than happy to let you bid away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

and you didnt have to pay a cut to the Monaghan lads :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

now i know a man with blue heifers:rolleyes: for sale.

Advertisement