Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The forum name needs changing!

Options
  • 04-05-2012 10:42am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

err,
    Didn't we agree on Kilkenny City & County?.....now here we are with just Kilkenny, this just isn't on I tells you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

That is also my recollection of discussions.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

We must do something about this immediately! Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Why don't we have separate forums for the city and county thereby saving all this confusion?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Why don't we have separate forums for the city and county thereby saving all this confusion?

That is an awesome idea, you're so clever. I'm going right now to propose that to the admins.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've just been told that the name change has been approved to include Dunnes Stores and the Wolrd's End, I mean city and county. We've been asked to be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Captain is correct. The heavy lifting to affect the merger has now been made. Thanks to Admin Smashey the name will be changed to include City and County, something like Kilkenny City&County. Please be patient, as we are all volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Any chance of a Tootsie sub forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

As Kilkenny is both the name of the county and city, seems like overkill to point out the bleein' obvious ;) I object! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Why can't we call it the worlds end forum?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Why can't we call it the worlds end forum?

Nah, "Kilkenny City Sponsored by Dunnes Store"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Jaysus I didnt even notice the change. Im fine with just "Kilkenny" though. Even the limerick is just called "Limerick".
    Bags being mod!

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Jaysus I didnt even notice the change. Im fine with just "Kilkenny" though. Even the limerick is just called "Limerick".
    Bags being mod!

:) It's all yours. I also proposed Kilkenny at the time but the City and County side were more scribed at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

The whole South East region has gone missing from the drop down menu at top of page when I hover regions since the name change. Anyone else having this problem?

[IMG][/img]1tv8yw.png

You need a bigger (boat) screen.
    You're missing South East and also West

On another note, the name has changed to include City & County.
    Harrumph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

It hasn't been changed in the drop down menu.

I can understand what a monumental task this name change must have been so I'll give them a few more days before I tender my formal letter of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What happened to the 2/3 threads in the County forum? Have they been deleted? Have they been moved into this forum? Are they stuck in limbo? We need answers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What happened to the 2/3 threads in the County forum? Have they been deleted? Have they been moved into this forum? Are they stuck in limbo? We need answers?

The two forums would have been merged more than likely. So all threads are now in one. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fabbydabby wrote: »
    It hasn't been changed in the drop down menu.

I can understand what a monumental task this name change must have been so I'll give them a few more days before I tender my formal letter of complaint.

Its changed. Its usually done at midnight following the change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ft9 wrote: »
    The whole South East region has gone missing from the drop down menu at top of page when I hover regions since the name change. Anyone else having this problem?

[IMG][/img]1tv8yw.png

Is anyone else having this issue? Whats going on Havoc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sully wrote: »
    The two forums would have been merged more than likely. So all threads are now in one. :)

Phew. I thought they were lost forever there for a second.

Advertisement