Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea, FA Cup Final, May 05, 17:15, Wembley Stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

where the hell did 5 mins come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

G.K. wrote: »
    From the replay we can see, that is not a goal.
    You are seeing a lot more than any of the commentators or anyone else can see. From every angle all commentators say they are not sure. Fair play to you for being positive where so many others are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The kicking the ball away bull**** should be punished,

When he kicked it towards the corner flag when it was a Liverpool corner? Cost precious seconds that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nice shot of the Chelsea Physio there.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

It's not a great call though It's a flukey guess. I guarentee he doesnt know for sure. The doubt has to be removed.

And how do you know. He got it right so should get his fair credit. If he got it wrong he'd be slated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great defending from Terry!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Carroll excellent since he came on, turned it around and well on top for last 30 mins. No good if you can't finish chances though.

The TV angles aren't clear enough to tell if ball was over the line or not, so don't see how ref or assistant can possibly give it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good block by Lionheart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Terry is being really lazy in the defense playing people onside unnecessarily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

pretty poor game by my reckoning !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

where the hell did 5 mins come from?

Ball scratching....time runs away from you when you are doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I've never seen a defender block more with his back sliding than terry, he's some man for them blocks! Mata deservedly MOTM imo, next in line Ramires then Carroll even though he's only been on about half an hour if even

Chelsea think they are playing Barca again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Dalglish will be kicking himself for not starting Carroll if they lose this.
    Best player on the pitch by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

You are seeing a lot more than any of the commentators or anyone else can see. From every angle all commentators say they are not sure. Fair play to you for being positive where so many others are not.

I see what he saw, no goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Dalglish will be kicking himself for not starting Carroll if they lose this.
    Best player on the pitch by a country mile.

He should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Only the most biased of supporters would think it was over the line but carry on..........

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    And how do you know. He got it right so should get his fair credit. If he got it wrong he'd be slated

You're mad in the head. You don't give credit where credit is due. You tear into people who get decisions wrong but you don't praise them when they're right. We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Suarez will obviously go straight for the assistant after the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

fml, ricky had to just pass it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

PCPhoto wrote: »
    pretty poor game by my reckoning !!

Yep. Poor first 70 in general. Bit more exciting since Carroll game in in fairness, but the long ball up to him are hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ITV (Andy Townsend) gave Mata man of the match.

Anyone watching ESPN? Who did they give it to?

seriously, can bose not pass? just whacks it back to pool every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hulk Hands wrote: »

I know because there is absolutely no way he can be sure. The players involved cant even say without doubt, if they were being honest. It happens that quick that even if he was stanidng on the post lookign at it he'd need a replay.

Some similarities between United the other night and Chelsea now, just hoofing it away and giving Liverpool the initiative, they shouldnt be inviting them on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The_B_Man wrote: »
    ITV (Andy Townsend) gave Mata man of the match.

Anyone watching ESPN? Who did they give it to?

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

fullstop wrote: »
    You don't know the rules or you don't know if it was in? The rules state that the whole of the ball must cross the whole of the line.

No I mean isn't a goal given once all the ball travels past the near side of the solid white line (ie the ball doesn't have to completely pass all the paint of the goalline to count?)

If so then I wouldn't consider that as "all of the ball over all of the line"

Silly tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is it sad that I never really believed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mata man of the match!!!!
    He was muck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

game over lads.. stupid tactics from the start cost us this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

kryogen wrote: »
    Some similarities between United the other night and Chelsea now, just hoofing it away and giving Liverpool the initiative, they shouldnt be inviting them on

its one thing to invite liverpool on you and a whole different story inviting city on you! haha

corner flag time

I know because there is absolutely no way he can be sure. The players involved cant even say without doubt, if they were being honest. It happens that quick that even if he was stanidng on the post lookign at it he'd need a replay.

Yeah he wasn't sure so he couldn't give it. That in itself is the correct decision. As it turned out, it was the correct correct decision. Green marks all round for the lino!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jesus Reina again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lol Reina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ah Kalou should have burried it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Same.

So this might answer a question I've had for a while.

Do they actually choose the MoM, or is it some independent third party that chooses MoM and then passes it to all the TV stations and they claim they chose the MoM themselves?

Coz ITV said it as if Andy Townsend decided it.

Joke of a decision from Reina.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Only the most biased of supporters would think it was over the line but carry on..........
    And only the most foolish of fools would say that they were sure it was not over the line when there is no camera anywhere that shows it wasn't. No commentator on any channel from any angle can say either way but people on here can... Yeah must be the bias.

But if the linesman does not know for sure, if he has a doubt he cannot give the goal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

G.K. wrote: »
    From the replay we can see, that is not a goal.
    Seriously? To me the camera angle on the replay clearly showed that all the ball didn't cross the line. Most of it did, but not all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Look's like we're beat.

Disappointed but happy with spirited come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Balls :mad:
    Congrats Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well done to Chelsea.

Can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

CAREFREE

Yes - well played pool, should started carroll

Fair play to Chelsea, did not play that well but had enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Will Kenny get another year. I think he might :)

Game over, fair play to Chelsea, they were certainly the least rubbish of the two teams. Thought Carroll would do it but he was probably brought on too late. When we changed and started using him we were a different team. I am not sure if that is because we took off Spearing or because Carroll was brilliant, probably a bit of both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement