Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Chelsea, FA Cup Final, May 05, 17:15, Wembley Stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

kitakyushu wrote: »
    No I mean isn't a goal given once all the ball travels past the near side of the solid white line (ie the ball doesn't have to completely pass all the paint of the goalline to count?)

If so then I wouldn't consider that as "all of the ball over all of the line"

No :confused: The whole of the ball must cross the whole of the line as stated by several people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Will Kenny get another year. I think he might :)

He shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

lol at Bosingwa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

De-bloody-lighted...

...at Christmas time if anyone had of said to me Fa cup winners and Champion's league final (by beating barca) I'd have bitten their hand off.

Credit to liverpool Andy Carroll though made a game of it when he came on.

Anyway Beer, my nerves are shot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

And only the most foolish of fools would say that they were sure it was not over the line when there is no camera anywhere that shows it wasn't. No commentator on any channel from any angle can say either way but people on here can... Yeah must be the bias.

The angle that went almost straight across the line pretty much confirmed it didnt cross the line though.

It didnt come behind the posts, Im pretty sure you will see it after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Will Kenny get another year. I think he might :)

They should hire AVB. He's probably minimum wage these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Chelsea aren't Everton, can't give them an hour of controlling the game and expect something. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

cant see us beating Bayern playing like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jive wrote: »
    That in itself is the correct decision.!

I disagree. It shouldnt be down to the fact that the ref or linesman hasnt got a good view , or is blocked or isnt in the right position. Look at the one a few years ago in the Spurs - Utd game where Roy Carroll nearly pulled it off the net, is that ok because the linesman isnt sure? A goal is a goal, whther the officials see it or not. Technology should be introduced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep Chelsea werent brilliant but they were better today and deserved it. Liverpool, if only they could play like they did since Caroll came on the whole time.

hahahhah Luiz taking Terry out of it mid interview

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

kitakyushu wrote: »
    No I mean isn't a goal given once all the ball travels past the near side of the solid white line (ie the ball doesn't have to completely pass all the paint of the goalline to count?)

If so then I wouldn't consider that as "all of the ball over all of the line"

I refer you to the laws of the game:

"A goal is scored when the whole of the ball passes over the goal
    line"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well done Chelsea :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Delighted with the result. Well done Liverpool left it too late to start playing.

Game at Anfield will be different I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Delighted with the result today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Delighted with the result today.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Well, at least we put up a fight after Carroll came on, shame we couldn't get another. Congratulations to Chelski, here's hoping Bayern destroy yis in the CL Final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

And only the most foolish of fools would say that they were sure it was not over the line when there is no camera anywhere that shows it wasn't. No commentator on any channel from any angle can say either way but people on here can... Yeah must be the bias.

Foolish of fools? Son? You're on a bit of a roll.

Cheap shots tbh. Not going to bother debating with you any more if that's what your about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea won the first hour, Liverpool the last 35, it probably wasn't over the line but unless you are exactly on the line its hard to know - that what technology is for.

I always love the OTT celebrations! We OWN Wembley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Chelsea deserved it in the end. Carroll played so well and should have played from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

There was one view from up above that looked like it was over the line, but I agree that the other angles looked like it wasn't.

Such a kick in the balls after a good fightback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

shocking first half from us. No one really can claim anything good from it. No leadership on the field, and yet again looked like a sever lack of any tactics.

Carroll comes on and made a huge difference, but in fairness there was no way he could do it all on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well done to Chelsea, gutted with the loss but at least we showed some fight when Carroll came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭Damien360

Awful game until Carroll came on. Liverpool were very poor again. We really have'nt a clue how to break down a team. The team needs gutting, top to bottom.....have we the finance and the manager to do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Did terry just say it went over the line?

Edit: Had Liverpool played like they did in the last 30 mins we would have had a chance.

Congrats Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

''You've broken all sorts of records...I'll let him off.''

Ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Best team lost, what a horrible set of fans to lose to. Onwards and upwards though they played well.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Seriously? To me the camera angle on the replay clearly showed that all the ball didn't cross the line. Most of it did, but not all of it.

The angle is from in front of the goal, so simple physics prevents you from being able to tell as its so close. You can't 'clearly' tell anything from that angle.

kryogen wrote: »
    But if the linesman does not know for sure, if he has a doubt he cannot give the goal.

Thats the point of goal line technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Its got to be goodnight Kenny now

We can dispense with the hypothetical "2 cups meaning a successful season" theory.

Utter disaster of a season.

• Advertisement

Torres finally wins a medal with BIG CLUB ;)

Did terry just say it went over the line?

Edit: Had Liverpool played like they did in the last 30 mins we would have had a chance.

Congrats Chelsea.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Gbear wrote: »
    **** UEFA the ****ing corrupt incompetent retards.

Goal line tech has been necessary and implementable for about 15 years and those ****ing ***** are still dragging their ****ing feet.

That's 2 decision that Chelsea have benefited from where the Ref - not being in possession of the double-lens structure of eagle eyes, hasn't been able to tell whether a ball crossed the line or not.

Better team won in the end.

What the **** are you talking about? That Chelsea benefitted from a correct decision? Oh, the horror :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

niallo27 wrote: »
    Best team lost, what a horrible set of fans to lose to. Onwards and upwards though they played well.

You must have missed the first 60,65 mins of the game so? :rollseye:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Shockingly bad match except for the 20mins. Chelsea deserved it though fair play A Carroll for making it a game - Daglish with a rare tactical ineptness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres finally wins a medal with BIG CLUB ;)

Arf! Maybe he'll have a more meaningful input in the CL final.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Oh ffs, cop on. We were muck for 60 mins and handed them a 2-0 lead, then couldn't get an equaliser when all over them. We didnt deserve anything and were only the best team for a third of the game.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Here we go :pac:

If goal-line technology was there it would've said NO GOAL! The officials got it right.

Your completely missing the point. Them fluking the right decision is not a negative point against goal line technology.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hahahah Luiz now getting in on RDM's interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Interviewer getting pissed off with David Luiz lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

gavredking wrote: »
    You must have missed the first 60,65 mins of the game so? :rollseye:

Never ever let the facts get in the way of a loser reeling from soreness. .

Thats the point of goal line technology.

No argument there, but in this case the ball was not over the line so the technology would not have made it any different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dunno why they are interviewing Carroll, leave the guy alone ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bollix tbh. You didn't get a kick for an hour. Bossed it after that tbf but really Chelsea deserved it.

Chelsea won mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lol at best team lost and ball was over the line.

Kenny started the wrong team and for 55 mins Chelsea were far superior, you can't award a goal unless you are Certain all the ball was over the line if people can't be certain after 10 replays how do you expect the ref or linesman to award it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No commentator on any channel from any angle can say either way but people on here can... Yeah must be the bias.
    Does Chris Waddle not count??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

In fairness to Liverpool , big Andy changed the game and for me today proved his critics wrong ,

Delighted for the mighty blues but Liverpool deserved a draw for there last 35-40 mins performance .

Thought mikel was MOM for me

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Your completely missing the point. Them fluking the right decision is not a negative point against goal line technology.

Then why is he saying corrupt? Corrupt suggests favouritism.

I'm in favour of goal-line technology.

Advertisement