Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Used Smartphone for €350

Options
  • 04-05-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have a HTC Sensation and it is bugging me with the numerous problems I am having with it, so time for a change.......in your opinion what would be the best secondhand smartphone you can buy for €350?

Needs to be either unlocked or on the Vodafone network.
    Have quite a lot of music so good memory and space for external memory (of at least 32GB would be great)
    Use it a lot of internet so a big screen would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Plenty of xperia s on adverts for that money...

Galaxy s2 is plentiful also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks Mondeo,

What about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? Would the Xperia and S2 be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hi all,

I currently have a HTC Sensation and it is bugging me with the numerous problems I am having with it, so time for a change.......in your opinion what would be the best secondhand smartphone you can buy for €350?

Have quite a lot of music so good memory and space for external memory (of at least 32GB would be great)

Thanks in advance.

Did you update to the latest software? The phone was pretty crap before ICS update. Its like a new phone now. Also if you list the problems we would know what you need to avoid :-)

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Did you update to the latest software? The phone was pretty crap before ICS update. Its like a new phone now. Also if you list the problems we would know what you need to avoid :-)

Main problem is the lag. I could tap into an application, for instance 'settings', and it could take up to 8 seconds to engage! Could also hit any
    button on the keypad, especially when when putting in my security code, and could take 2 seconds for the numbers to input.

It also drops in and out of wi-fi and this is not the case when I am using my laptop so it is not a connection problem.

I have to restart the phone a lot as the phone freezes a lot.

I have updated the phone so it is up to date.

Also I need to turn off my phone and turn it back on in order for my Bluetooth kit to connect. I have tested this and it is not the kits issue!

Last thing is the lock button needs to be hit 4/5 times to light up!

I sent the phone away to Vodafone for repair at the end of last year and they replaced the flex and updates the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 milkymoo24

we sell phone, used and new, I have a Android branded google phone here, brand new in box with almost an indentical look to HTC sensation, I have a sensation XE and this other phone feels more solid, better battery, and resolution is great, you can have it for 100 and have everything u get with ur sensation, u cn pick up a 32 g sd card for tenner as phones sold without, hence price... but as you requested, the screens are HUGE, bigger than mine XE... Here is link for phone -mod edit, no adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

milkymoo24 wrote: »
    we sell phone, used and new, I have a Android branded google phone here, brand new in box with almost an indentical look to HTC sensation, I have a sensation XE and this other phone feels more solid, better battery, and resolution is great, you can have it for 100 and have everything u get with ur sensation, u cn pick up a 32 g sd card for tenner as phones sold without, hence price... but as you requested, the screens are HUGE, bigger than mine XE... Here is link for phone

Hahahahahaha

Thats funny is it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

The Nexus is €350

The Galaxy S2 is €390, from simplyelectronics.net

Rochey18 wrote: »
    The Nexus is €350

The Galaxy S2 is €390, from simplyelectronics.net

That price looks pretty good alright, what is that crowd like with delivery, safety with providing credit card into and returns policy?

Might go for the Nexus!

we sell phone, used and new, I have a Android branded google phone here, brand new in box with almost an indentical look to HTC sensation, I have a sensation XE and this other phone feels more solid, better battery, and resolution is great, you can have it for 100 and have everything u get with ur sensation, u cn pick up a 32 g sd card for tenner as phones sold without, hence price... but as you requested, the screens are HUGE, bigger than mine XE... Here is link for phone

Thanks for that information and advice! Much appreciated, will bear it in mind

• Advertisement

Goway ya coward, couldnt even answer me back, the only thing thats funny is ur articulation can only muster a 'hahahaha'. Its take a minute to politely decline an offer of phone, get some manners for yourself.

Goway ya coward, couldnt even answer me back, the only thing thats funny is ur articulation can only muster a 'hahahaha'. Its take a minute to politely decline an offer of phone, get some manners for yourself.

Who exactly was that little outburst for? I have been nothing but polite but just to reiterate, thank you for the offer and I will bear it in mind if the other phones I am looking at don't materialise!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Thats funny is it!!!
    Someone looking for an upgrade to their HTC Sensation being advertised a €100 chinese knock off is pretty funny I have to admit.

Anyway... you could probably get a Galaxy S2 for around €350 used. A Galaxy Nexus would be better though. They're probably the best value phones you could get at that price point.

Thats funny is it!!!
    Someone looking for an upgrade to their HTC Sensation being advertised a €100 chinese knock off is pretty funny I have to admit.

Anyway... you could probably get a Galaxy S2 for around €350 used. A Galaxy Nexus would be better though. They're probably the best value phones you could get at that price point.

Even if I was swayed to get the €100 that fellas attitude has put me right off!

What about €355 for the Nexus at www.simplyelectronics.net? How does that seem to you?

That's a pretty fantastic price for a brand new Galaxy Nexus. I don't know much about simplyelectronics.net though. Google them up and see how people reviewed them before you buy anything.

That's a pretty fantastic price for a brand new Galaxy Nexus. I don't know much about simplyelectronics.net though. Google them up and see how people reviewed them before you buy anything.

Think it is a scam so best to keep looking......ah well :-(

There's always Amazon. Not exactly €350 but it's not miles off either.

www.amazon.co.uk/Galaxy-Nexus-16GB-Free-Smartphone/dp/B005XYU45E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336345606&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

simplyelectronics.net are legit.

I ordered stuff off them, although only cheap stuff.
    Quick review shows mixed responses.

Um... you do know all ur samsung and htcs are from China, same factories actually, Inever said it was a HTC knock off, I said it looked like one you big gimp, and androrid OP is the exact same no matter what handset its on... ITS ANDROID GINGERBREAD 2.3 ya twat, just what the HTC and S11 have, bit of a dumb statement from u there genius when u obviously have zero notion of the facts!...and as I said, Its a Android branded phone, Android is owned by google so fairly reliable device is u ask me, my husband sold his HTC One because the Official Android one was a better phone so eat that smart arse...and... if u used ur brain and looked at the link you could clearly see the Android markings, also finally 'knock off chinese phone' as you put it, are generally a pile of **** without android OP and iphone knock offs, and generally don't come with individual warranties for every part in the box! And finally, we own a legit business where we buy in bulk so Thats how the phone was such a reasonable price! Ya never know we could have sold u your lovely LEGIT phone! It was insulting to be laughed at when I was simply making an offer to someone to save them money, sold 28 handsets this month, so maybe he missed out on a good deal by being rude! My comment was not meant for you now so butt out please unless u have something constructive (if you know what that means) to state! Good luck genius!!

Even if I was swayed to get the €100 that fellas attitude has put me right off!

What about €355 for the Nexus at www.simplyelectronics.net? How does that seem to you?

BTW... I'm no fella, I'm a woman, an honest one at that. Laughing at someone who is offering u a deal is rude, I never try sell on boards I was trying to be nice offering the ohone so dont bitch like a little teenage girl about my attitude, and I had every right to retaliate to someone laughing on a public forum at my question..... would you????

And just as a gesture of goodwill to show I am not what u accused me of being, I have sold many Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus S, and also S11, as a professional I would go with the the Nexus S, its older, bit cheaper,but stronger and a really nice handset! S11 are too flimsy and back color on screen has a bluish tint that cant be removed!!!

• Advertisement

Um... you do know all ur samsung and htcs are from China, same factories actually.
    Same factory =/= Same product

As for it being the same factory, i'm pretty sure Samsung/HTC would be pretty pissed off if their fabrication contractors were using their designs to make knock offs.
    Inever said it was a HTC knock off, I said it looked like one you big gimp, and androrid OP is the exact same no matter what handset its on...
    [LATEX]lol[/LATEX]
    ITS ANDROID GINGERBREAD 2.3 ya twat, just what the HTC and S11 have, bit of a dumb statement from u there genius when u obviously have zero notion of the facts!
    [LATEX]lol^2[/LATEX]
    ...and as I said, Its a Android branded phone, Android is owned by google so fairly reliable device is u ask me, my husband sold his HTC One because the Official Android one was a better phone so eat that smart arse...
    [LATEX]lol^3[/LATEX]
    and... if u used ur brain and looked at the link you could clearly see the Android markings, also finally 'knock off chinese phone' as you put it, are generally a pile of **** without android OP and iphone knock offs, and generally don't come with individual warranties for every part in the box!
    I'm pretty sure something that looks like a cheap HTC clone would be classed as a "knock off chinese phone". Just because it's running Android doesn't make it a good product. That's like saying "This computer I built form €50 parts I got from a bunch of old computers is just as good as this brand new i7 build that cost €2000". Software isn't worth anything if the hardware isn't up to scratch.
    And finally, we own a legit business where we buy in bulk so Thats how the phone was such a reasonable price!
    They're not exactly that expensive on Alibaba Express.
    Ya never know we could have sold u your lovely LEGIT phone! It was insulting to be laughed at when I was simply making an offer to someone to save them money, sold 28 handsets this month, so maybe he missed out on a good deal by being rude!
    It's certainly a phone and it probably functions but it's simply ridiculous to think that anyone with a genuine HTC Sensation asking for an upgrade suggestion would be swayed by a generic HTC clone imported from Alibaba or DHGate or something similar.
    My comment was not meant for you now so butt out please unless u have something constructive (if you know what that means) to state! Good luck genius!!
    Good luck to you too. If going up on public forums trying to make a completely impossible sale and then ranting at people when they find it all a bit ridiculous is your idea of marketing you'll probably need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sell you a Sony X10 Mini Pro, and you'll have loads left over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

I ordered of simply electronics too, as ling as you dont Ming waiting a while for delivery then it's all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

I've an iPhone 4 with vodafone. Works perfect. I think it's 16 gig. Make me an offer ?

well genius, Ooooh I liked the way you sectioned up my response into segments so it made u feel and look clever....super intelligent looking, shame about the content! Took you long enough as well, had a nap while I was waiting!

So...let me respond to your 'pretty slow, and most likely rehearsed and spell checked' response in the same manner I got earlier while I was being genuine to the chap who asked for a phone!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Simply because you're thick as a bag of spanners!!!!! Cant take a bit of banter, and its not even anything to do with you! You should stick to Bebo, and anyway, Alibaba.com...how amateur are you! In my line of work, they are called (wait for it... big word) suppliers, not Chinese versions of Ebay!

You have brains to burn there lad, u should go back and complete ur junior cert, that cutting grass for a living wont even get u an iphone knock off from Alibaba.com.

BTW, this response took me 2 mins without spell check.... are ya jealous!!! lol:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

u should go back and complete ur junior cert

The irony of this statement says more than any of us ever could.
    BTW, this response took me 2 mins without spell check.... are ya jealous!!! lol:P

Most people value the content of a post rather than how quickly someone typed it up. I could slam my face off the keyboard and have a whole wall of text in 30 seconds. It would still be gibberish though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

well genius, Ooooh I liked the way you sectioned up my response into segments so it made u feel and look clever....super intelligent looking, shame about the content! Took you long enough as well, had a nap while I was waiting!

So...let me respond to your 'pretty slow, and most likely rehearsed and spell checked' response in the same manner I got earlier while I was being genuine to the chap who asked for a phone!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Simply because you're thick as a bag of spanners!!!!! Cant take a bit of banter, and its not even anything to do with you! You should stick to Bebo, and anyway, Alibaba.com...how amateur are you! In my line of work, they are called (wait for it... big word) suppliers, not Chinese versions of Ebay!

You have brains to burn there lad, u should go back and complete ur junior cert, that cutting grass for a living wont even get u an iphone knock off from Alibaba.com.

hi moo,i would just like a little q an a if you dont mind.
    How long have you bein tradin?

Do you get many returns,ie bad phones.
    do you deal with real companys,or did you just google cheap pnone ”suppilers”
    and think your dealin with liget dealers?
    Yes i know thier are spellin mistakes in my post.
    Postin from my phone.
    You know its rude to attack other posters that try to help
    other posters lookin for a phone,right?

You know shilling you are shilling your bizz,without payin boards is,well...ill leave it at that.

Awaitin you reply.

Deco
    edit:
    why do you sell your phones thru donedeal?
    And why is thier no specs on the adverts?
    Is it cos they are fakes,or cos you dont
    know what the specs are?
    Do you only sell thru donedeals?

And by the by its you that is thick as a bag o spanners”lol”
    and,i may be wrong. But bebo is long dead.

You will not last in any bussinness the way
    you are actin.
    I will go as far as sayin (i hope)
    you will get a permaban. ”lol”
    you are so rude to people here that know
    more about phones then you.
    Goodbye
    sorry for goin ot.
    Op,thier are lots of hi spec phones you can get for the money
    you are willin to pay,with the new samsung 3 comin out
    the samsung g2 is well within thay range now.
    And you can upgrade to ics.
    But maybe have a look at some nokia windows
    phones?
    Lumia maybe?

Postin from my phone.

You know shilling you are shilling your bizz,without payin boards is,well...ill leave it at that.

Awaitin you reply.

Deco
    edit:
    know what the specs are?

you are actin.
    Goodbye

Yes it is rude to attack posters fortrying to help with phones, if you read back I offered a phone and was laughed at which is classed as rude. I was being perfectly friendly.
    And did u not jus read my post about playful banter??? Im a 29 year old woman, with 2 kids n family, I have more respect to engage in SERIOUS rows online for world to see and was engaging in what I assumed was mutual banter. There was nothing serious or malicious in this thread coming from me, its my nature to try get some craic going online when the kids asleep. I regularly have a good laugh with people via online this way, and people give as good as they get! This is the first time this has happened!!!

As for my husbands business, its legit, trading as a limited company many years in the city, there is a premises, returns/refund policy and we pay our taxes and are well known and respected ect: My husband went on business deal to China recently and received those handsets from a factory as prototypes, he deals with a supplier of electronics, not online but a factory in china, we normally deal with the Brand names, HTC, Samsung, and tablets, new and refurbished! I sold the new Android handsets on donedeal myself for a medical procedure, none your business again, but I wont allow u to slate me on a public forum.. I didn't want the Android on the company website as they were for me to sell!

I feel like I don't have to explain myself to you but I was posting my own thread tonight for personal reasons, you will see it if you go check my posts, and I seen the add for the man looking for phone whilst trying to see if mine had gone up, and I offered him a handset and left the link just to show him, I sell on donedeal! I was trying to give him an option for cheaper handset. And I was offended that he simply laughed rather than a polite decline, after that I assumed it was banter! That other guy started with me, referring to my posts, and I assumed it was to strike up some craic! I was laughing all the way! Thats all I will say on the matter.

You don't know me one bit and tonight I needed to have some laughter, didn't realise people were being offended, ususllu I has the best of laughs on sites like this so this is mind boggling really, thought they were playing along too! Check my own threads, maybe u will see why I was trying to get some banter going! I not a rude person, and saying you hope our business fails is very disappointing coming from an Irish person with how the country is going, we have worked hard to break even and that was a very unfair statement, and as for my calling him a bag of spanners and grass cutter, if u think I wanted to really genuinely insult someone I would have said something a alot meaner than that. I call my husband that joking! I am actually quiet upset by your mail as you have no idea of my circumstances tonight and I genuinely thought those lads were having a laugh! I don't have a leaving cert myself, no degrees, so I don't find these things offensive or more superior than others... was just joking along!

And yes, I know very little about phones, its my husbands company, I tried to offer help was all and that's how it is. maybe when u read my last thread tonight you might realise why the banter was started... but it wasn't malicious and I am not rude!! There is your full reply! Laura

Who exactly was that little outburst for? I have been nothing but polite but just to reiterate, thank you for the offer and I will bear it in mind if the other phones I am looking at don't materialise!
    I complteely read ur post wrong after I posted, and thought ur response to mine was just hahahahahahha, thats why I said that comment. PLease except my upmost apoloigies, and if u want to come see the phone let me know and I will pm u y husbands number. I feel awful as the real response you sent was so polite and I read the wrong one. very sorry!!!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Postin from my phone.

Awaitin you reply.

Deco
    edit:
    know what the specs are?

you are actin.
    Goodbye

Yes it is rude to attack posters fortrying to help with phones, if you read back I offered a phone and was laughed at which is classed as rude. I was being perfectly friendly.
    And did u not jus read my post about playful banter??? Im a 29 year old woman, with 2 kids n family, I have more respect to engage in SERIOUS rows online for world to see and was engaging in what I assumed was mutual banter. There was nothing serious or malicious in this thread coming from me, its my nature to try get some craic going online when the kids asleep. I regularly have a good laugh with people via online this way, and people give as good as they get! This is the first time this has happened!!!

As for my husbands business, its legit, trading as a limited company many years in the city, there is a premises, returns/refund policy and we pay our taxes and are well known and respected ect: My husband went on business deal to China recently and received those handsets from a factory as prototypes, he deals with a supplier of electronics, not online but a factory in china, we normally deal with the Brand names, HTC, Samsung, and tablets, new and refurbished! I sold the new Android handsets on donedeal myself for a medical procedure, none your business again, but I wont allow u to slate me on a public forum.. I didn't want the Android on the company website as they were for me to sell!

I feel like I don't have to explain myself to you but I was posting my own thread tonight for personal reasons, you will see it if you go check my posts, and I seen the add for the man looking for phone whilst trying to see if mine had gone up, and I offered him a handset and left the link just to show him, I sell on donedeal! I was trying to give him an option for cheaper handset. And I was offended that he simply laughed rather than a polite decline, after that I assumed it was banter! That other guy started with me, referring to my posts, and I assumed it was to strike up some craic! I was laughing all the way! Thats all I will say on the matter.

You don't know me one bit and tonight I needed to have some laughter, didn't realise people were being offended, ususllu I has the best of laughs on sites like this so this is mind boggling really, thought they were playing along too! Check my own threads, maybe u will see why I was trying to get some banter going! I not a rude person, and saying you hope our business fails is very disappointing coming from an Irish person with how the country is going, we have worked hard to break even and that was a very unfair statement, and as for my calling him a bag of spanners and grass cutter, if u think I wanted to really genuinely insult someone I would have said something a alot meaner than that. I call my husband that joking! I am actually quiet upset by your mail as you have no idea of my circumstances tonight and I genuinely thought those lads were having a laugh! I don't have a leaving cert myself, no degrees, so I don't find these things offensive or more superior than others... was just joking along!

And yes, I know very little about phones, its my husbands company, I tried to offer help was all and that's how it is. maybe when u read my last thread tonight you might realise why the banter was started... but it wasn't malicious and I am not rude!! There is your full reply! Laura

well.thank you for your reply.i really mean that.
    And i hope you are ok,but if you read your own post it is easy to think what i stated.were as if we were all chattin face to face we would know were the jokin started and stoped.and i agree yer man should not have justed saod hahahah.bs
    but this is not afterhours.you can have some fun in there.
    But in here.not soo much.
    And it did read like you were havin a go after those posters.
    But i do wish you an yours the best.
    Hope you are well,i do mean that,lesson learned,eh. :)
    but you have to see were other posters are comin from.
    Myself i cluded,just from looki at that ad.we are all neards on here.
    All the bext laura.
    Bty.
    Usin touchscreen phones on boards,
    is a pain in the ass : )

Advertisement