Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Used Smartphone for €350

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

btw,i never said i hope you fail,i said yyou wont last if thats the way you go on.
    What i said was i hope you get a permaban,which i retact now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 milkymoo24

deco nate wrote: »
    well.thank you for your reply.i really mean that.
    And i hope you are ok,but if you read your own post it is easy to think what i stated.were as if we were all chattin face to face we would know were the jokin started and stoped.and i agree yer man should not have justed saod hahahah.bs
    but this is not afterhours.you can have some fun in there.
    But in here.not soo much.
    And it did read like you were havin a go after those posters.
    But i do wish you an yours the best.
    Hope you are well,i do mean that,lesson learned,eh. :)
    but you have to see were other posters are comin from.
    Myself i cluded,just from looki at that ad.we are all neards on here.
    All the bext laura.
    Bty.
    Usin touchscreen phones on boards,
    is a pain in the ass : )

Thank you. I appreciate ur understanding of tonights activities.Im really not some fiesty cow lookinh got fights, I have mailed and retracted all my comments as my conscious has now kicked in! lol All the best to you... oh and btw, touch screens are a nightmare, original poster was right, HTC are so annoying. Thanks n good luck to u!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Ok now the thread has gotten a bit civilised (glad I went to bed when I did) can I get it back on track?

Ok so on the used market the S2, Galaxy Nexus and Xperia S seem to be around the €350 so if I get a good deal on any of the 3 I will purchase!

Also I have so many apps for sites to buy and was wondering which would be best?

Adverts.ie, eBay, Donedeal, Amazon, Gumtree??

Thanks again to any advice I get. I didn't, nor wouldn't laugh at anyone trying to help me out! Glad that was noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

milkymoo24 - no free advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Ok now the thread has gotten a bit civilised (glad I went to bed when I did) can I get it back on track?

Ok so on the used market the S2, Galaxy Nexus and Xperia S seem to be around the €350 so if I get a good deal on any of the 3 I will purchase!

Also I have so many apps for sites to buy and was wondering which would be best?

Adverts.ie, eBay, Donedeal, Amazon, Gumtree??

Thanks again to any advice I get. I didn't, nor wouldn't laugh at anyone trying to help me out! Glad that was noticed!

Out of curiousity, why are you getting another Android phone? The issues you had were android issues, you'll probably get similar issues with another android phone.

There are two good alternatives in iOS and Windows phone 7. After using all three (not ICS yet though) i recommend WP7 and iOS over android. A Nokia 710 would come within your budget new.

Is it just better the devil you know?

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, why are you getting another Android phone? The issues you had were android issues, you'll probably get similar issues with another android phone.

There are two good alternatives in iOS and Windows phone 7. After using all three (not ICS yet though) i recommend WP7 and iOS over android. A Nokia 710 would come within your budget new.

Is it just better the devil you know?

So what phones have WP7 and iOS? I worked with phones and remember the Nokia N8 was a disaster so just not sure of them.....but they could well be much better now! Would be definitely up to suggestions.

I neither have a Zune or Xbox so would the Windows phones be wasted on me??;)

What is the Lumina 800 like?

Oh sorry iOS is the iPhone.....The reason i dont go for iphone is because I like to try something different and the fact its hard to move info to another phone (as far as im aware) puts me off it!

Also what is the difference between android and Ice Cream Sandwich?

So what phones have WP7 and iOS? I worked with phones and remember the Nokia N8 was a disaster so just not sure of them.....but they could well be much better now! Would be definitely up to suggestions.

I neither have a Zune or Xbox so would the Windows phones be wasted on me??;)

What is the Lumina 800 like?

N8 is different from the newer models. The new Lumia models run WP7 which is much better than what Nokia previously had.

Try Nokia 710 or 800, HTC Radar or Titan, Samsung Omnia W for WP7. They are all single core but WP7 doesn't need dual core to be smooth and fast.

For iOS try any iPhone. Although the 3GS a bit slow by todays standards so you'd have to get a 4 which is out of your price range.

You can buy a Lumia 800 for under €400 new from amazon.de, the 710 which has identical specs but no AMOLED screen, less storage and doesn't look as nice can be got for about €250 new.

Oh sorry iOS is the iPhone.....The reason i dont go for iphone is because I like to try something different and the fact its hard to move info to another phone (as far as im aware) puts me off it!

Also what is the difference between android and Ice Cream Sandwich?

ICS is the newest version of Android, i haven't used it properly yet but i've read up a lot about it. I'm amazed how people can rave about it when you also read about how many issues people have with it. For one phone the ICS update changed how it handled phone numbers, so txts or calls from contacts didn't show the name.

It's easy to transfer stuff from iPhone to other phones, took me all of the 30 seconds to set up to transfer my contacts and emails from iPhone to Android and same with WP7. However i do keep all my contacts on GMail.

EDIT: I don't have zune or xbox either :)

Thank you.....is it true that WP7 phones have no expandable memory? There would need to be 16GB in my case as I have a lot of music!

So do you think the 710/800 would be better value than the Lumia?

• Advertisement

Thank you.....is it true that WP7 phones have no expandable memory? There would need to be 16GB in my case as I have a lot of music!

So do you think the 710/800 would be better value than the Lumia?

No expandable memory and the 710/800 are lumia's.

Nokia Lumia 800.

Might go for one of those phones actually.....as you say the problems I am having are with the software. I like the HTC brand so maybe the HTC Titan? What do you reckon?

Might go for one of those phones actually.....as you say the problems I am having are with the software. I like the HTC brand so maybe the HTC Titan? What do you reckon?

I don't like the Titan because IMO it's too big, but go in and check it out. I think it's the same size as what you have now. It's a very good phone and has an excellent camera. There is a newer model out now with a 16MP camera so you can get that or get the original version cheaper.

Ask here, one of the guys has a Titan and another has a 800.

I'd personally go with a 800 because i like the size and the unibody design is nice. You can get black, white, cyan or magenta.

I currently have a HTC trophy, which is a first gen device, for a year now and it's still as fast as ever! The new phones are even faster. The android phone i had (Motorola Defy) started slowing down after a week or two. The only way to speed it up was to reset everything.

It is big alright.....might have a wee look for a good value 800 or maybe the Samsung Omnia, would the fact that there is no dual core processor mean the battery is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It is big alright.....might have a wee look for a good value 800 or maybe the Samsung Omnia, would the fact that there is no dual core processor mean the battery is better?

Titan is just slightly bigger than your sensation. When you first try it its fine, though I find it a bit too big sometimes for my liking.

Though the reason why I picked it over the 800 was that its a tank in terms of construction and had a front facing camera which I use time to time for Skype, other things the Lumia 800 right now doesn't have tethering, will be added probably soon enough with an update, but right now its not there. Camera is also better on the Titan. Once again another software update is coming to the 800 to improve that.

I had a Sensation before, battery life is just about the same though better on the Titan, I was expecting it to be a lot worse due to the big screen, but its fine for a heavy days use, I have data and bt on all day and listen to music and go on the internet all day long, gets me through a day fine.

If im working all day id expect to go home and find I still have around 80% battery left, wouldn't use it that much at work beside the odd call or email check. Screen does suck up most of the battery life.

Battery life might be a bit better on the Lumia cause it has a smaller AMOLED screen. So it wont be as heavy on the juice.

Ill be switching to a Lumia 900 once it comes out anyway. Nokia seems to be doing all the hard lifting for Windows Phone and doing stuff fast to be the best at it, which I think is working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Hi all,

I currently have a HTC Sensation and it is bugging me with the numerous problems I am having with it, so time for a change.......in your opinion what would be the best secondhand smartphone you can buy for €350?

Needs to be either unlocked or on the Vodafone network.
    Have quite a lot of music so good memory and space for external memory (of at least 32GB would be great)
    Use it a lot of internet so a big screen would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

ill be selling my Samsung Galaxy S2 end of this month for around €300 if you are interested, it is in pristine condition and is unlocked to all networks an is rooted and running a custom ROM but i can always unroot it and do a factory reset but it's highly advisable to leave it as it is.

I'll probably advertise it on adverts or eBay anyway but will be looking for a quick sale,still one of the best smartphones ever, it has never once failed me.;)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I currently have a HTC Sensation and it is bugging me with the numerous problems I am having with it, so time for a change.......in your opinion what would be the best secondhand smartphone you can buy for €350?

Needs to be either unlocked or on the Vodafone network.
    Have quite a lot of music so good memory and space for external memory (of at least 32GB would be great)
    Use it a lot of internet so a big screen would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

ill be selling my Samsung Galaxy S2 end of this month for around €300 if you are interested, it is in pristine condition and is unlocked to all networks an is rooted and running a custom ROM but i can always unroot it and do a factory reset but it's highly advisable to leave it as it is.

I'll probably advertise it on adverts or eBay anyway but will be looking for a quick sale,still one of the best smartphones ever, it has never once failed me.;)

When I posted this I would have bitten your hand off but when someone says my problems are with the android software as opposed to the handset I get nervous......so could someone tell me the differences between the Sensation and S2?

I have read that the S2 is the better phone, would just like to know in what areas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

When I posted this I would have bitten your hand off but when someone says my problems are with the android software as opposed to the handset I get nervous......so could someone tell me the differences between the Sensation and S2?

I have read that the S2 is the better phone, would just like to know in what areas!

Both have completely different hardware. Galaxy S2 processor is more powerful, it also has a slightly lower resolution making the job for the processor and the gpu easier.

S2 is a fine phone, with the original software that they both launched the S2 was definitely a better faster phone and better in terms of hardware. Sensation got these fixed with software as I said, when I installed the first ICS rom on my sensation it was like a completely new phone, huge performance leap, great battery life, huge improvement in battery.

At that time I had an Omnia 7 and an S2. Id say they were both on par in terms of performance, Omnia 7 maybe slightly edging it cause Windows Phone OS is just optimized better even with older generation processors at lower clock speeds.

Why don't ya walk into a phone shop with displays and just have a play around with the various and you can see the performance and hardware differences? Look up video reviews online on whatever phones, id always look up phone arena or pocketnow reviews and they would usually cover aspects of the phone im unsure about.

With Android you sort of chose the handset for the experience, all windows phones have a consistent UI and experience across all devices. The only real differences are camera performance and battery life and the exclusive apps or functions that manufacturers include.

How do I upgrade my phone to ICS? Would it have just been the last update I made to the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

This thread is like a relationship.

• Advertisement

In what way??:p

Have bought an unlocked, non contract, Brand New HTC Titan from Amazon.de (Germany) for €315 including P&P.

Looking forward to its arrival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭GIMP

Why from amazon Germany and not UK just out of interest? I am looking to buy a phone and alot of people choose amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

GIMP wrote: »
    Why from amazon Germany and not UK just out of interest? I am looking to buy a phone and alot of people choose amazon.de.

AFAIK they have a big sim-free stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Because it's still Amazon and is cheaper.
    Most people posting here know Amazon reputation anyway + superb customer service.
    Don't forget that Sterling is pretty much strong atm.

Exactly......with the current exchange rate the Amazon UK price was working out €65 dearer, a no brainer (hopefully). Only problem is the waiting time, up to 20 working days for delivery! But I feel its worth it for that saving. Plus most UK phones are contracted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Exactly......with the current exchange rate the Amazon UK price was working out €65 dearer, a no brainer (hopefully). Only problem is the waiting time, up to 20 working days for delivery! But I feel its worth it for that saving. Plus most UK phones are contracted!

I bought shoes from Amazon Germany a few months back.Estimated delivery was 7-10 working days and they arrived in 3.Don't know if the same applies to phones but it should be here a lot sooner than you expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, if you have installed the ICS plate and are having problems with the Sensation lagging and not being as responsive as it should I seriously recommend doing a factory reset on it.

Mine was lagging after I put on ICS and nothing was helping rebooting it made no difference. I backed up my photos and texts and then performed a full factory reset. Phone is now working better than the day I bought it, more responsive and better battery life.

If you're going to switch phones it is worth a punt before you give up on it.

OP, if you have installed the ICS plate and are having problems with the Sensation lagging and not being as responsive as it should I seriously recommend doing a factory reset on it.

Mine was lagging after I put on ICS and nothing was helping rebooting it made no difference. I backed up my photos and texts and then performed a full factory reset. Phone is now working better than the day I bought it, more responsive and better battery life.

If you're going to switch phones it is worth a punt before you give up on it.

I did a full factory reset and its slightly better but still lagging and its just out of the years warranty!

• Advertisement

Chavways wrote: »

I bought shoes from Amazon Germany a few months back.Estimated delivery was 7-10 working days and they arrived in 3.Don't know if the same applies to phones but it should be here a lot sooner than you expect.

Says the estimated delivery is between 5-20 working days so hopefully its the former....if it comes at all next week I would be very impressed!

As a matter of interest are the French, Italian or Spanish sites any cheaper than the UK or German sites for anything?

Advertisement