Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Based in UK - which Irish network??

Options
  • 04-05-2012 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

What is the best network to be with if spending time in the UK and need to keep an Irish number. Have been with O2 for many years but fancy a change. After spending thousands and thousands with them my contract is up on the 1st of June and they said I can get a smartphone (which I will still have to put money to) for €40 a month over 18 months. Eh no, thanks. Any ideas which company offer a good package for someone in the UK who needs an Irish number? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    What is the best network to be with if spending time in the UK and need to keep an Irish number. Have been with O2 for many years but fancy a change. After spending thousands and thousands with them my contract is up on the 1st of June and they said I can get a smartphone (which I will still have to put money to) for €40 a month over 18 months. Eh no, thanks. Any ideas which company offer a good package for someone in the UK who needs an Irish number? Thanks!!

Check 3, you can roam in the UK on 3 network like if you were at home using you data, call, txt allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

3 is your best bet, with 3 like home available and you can use data on it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

+ 1 on Three like home.

Another option is if you are going to get a UK mobile, data connection and smartphone you could run an Irish landline or non-geographic number with voip over your data connection. Talk to Blueface.ie they have an iPhone app and another for android phones, that way you won't have to haul around two phones and people can phone you at local call rates.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Wow, thanks a million for feedback guys, much appreciated. Three it is, sounds a lot more reasonable than the figures O2 are picking out of the sky!

Advertisement