Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teat feeders

• 04-05-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

On the subject of JFC 10 teat feeders, I've stopped using them.
    I now use the Milk Bar feeders as they have 2 litre compartments.
    This makes it easier to spot if a calf is not drinking as much as it should...and ensures that the slower drinker gets their share.
    If you were a dairy farmer, feeding gallons of whole milk, then maybe they are fine, but for us rearers, mixing and feeding 2 litres per head, it is important that each calf gets their full allocation.
    Another rearer told me the slow ones catch up, but I'm not convinced!
    What do ye think?
    Are there better/alternative feeders that I should look at?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

i use the jfc 110 teat. i am putting up a shed next year (currently at it) so i can section the calves into 3 groups. each with there own jfc per pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Mother of god that 110 teat feeder must be a killer to fill and even worse to move round.

We have the regular 10 teat jfc but the milk bar ones are a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

bbam wrote: »
    Mother of god that 110 teat feeder must be a killer to fill and even worse to move round.

We have the regular 10 teat jfc but the milk bar ones are a good idea.
    LOL! Beat me to it.
    That lakill rears some amount of calves:D:D

Advertisement