Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What college are you going to?

• 04-05-2012 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. :)
    Just a bit curious about where other people want to go after the big ol' LC. I'm a fan of NUIG myself, but haven't heard of anyone else wanting to go there. UCD seems to be the favourite of the mass majority, but that might just be in my school. So where do you want to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

UL!! Hopefully anyway. :)

I know almost no one going there though. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Yeah, you're in the same boat as me so! Where are you heading to UL from? I'm going to NUIG (hopefully!) from Dublin. Bit of a trek alright. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fatbastard

Hey everyone. :)
    Just a bit curious about where other people want to go after the big ol' LC. I'm a fan of NUIG myself, but haven't heard of anyone else wanting to go there. UCD seems to be the favourite of the mass majority, but that might just be in my school. So where do you want to go?

http://www.audiomicro.com/free-family-guy-stewie-sound-clips-stewie-university-of-duh-download-744779

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yeah, you're in the same boat as me so! Where are you heading to UL from? I'm going to NUIG (hopefully!) from Dublin. Bit of a trek alright. :P

I'm from the west of Ireland but it's still a long enough journey for me too! Most of my mates are either in Galway or are heading there next year. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

If I get a miricale and get enough points for my dream course it'll be tcd (or possibly nuig). The more likely option is ucd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Either Trinity or university of Edinburgh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Northumbria(Newcastle) or DCU . I really hope it's the first :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

It depends on what I get in my CAO, it could be Trinity, or NUIG :D Dunno about Trinity though. People only have bad things to say about Dublin up here, which makes it difficult to make an informed decision about where to go to college :rolleyes: But at least the travel time to Dublin and Galway is basically the same, makes things a wee bit easier :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

It depends on what I get in my CAO, it could be Trinity, or NUIG :D Dunno about Trinity though. People only have bad things to say about Dublin up here, which makes it difficult to make an informed decision about where to go to college :rolleyes: But at least the travel time to Dublin and Galway is basically the same, makes things a wee bit easier :P
    NUIM do doubt about it. Have it as the only option on the CAO, so i'll be either going to NUIM or not at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

NUIM do doubt about it. Have it as the only option on the CAO, so i'll be either going to NUIM or not at all!
    +1 for NUIM! After the open day I was sure that was where I wanted to go! Plus UCD and TCD just felt way to impersonal for me. They're more like cities within cities imho!

• Advertisement

+1 for NUIM! After the open day I was sure that was where I wanted to go! Plus UCD and TCD just felt way to impersonal for me. They're more like cities within cities imho!
    NUIM is class! What you hoping to do? HOPE TO GOD I get offered River though! Did you see the state of Rye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

UCD OR NUIG, hopefully :)
    Maybe Queens Belfast if it comes to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

+1 for NUIM
    Lovely campus, lovely people and it sure has one fantastic joint arts degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

+2 for NUIM :D Love the feel of the place and the campus itself is really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Hopefully I'll also be heading to NUIM next year! Out of all the universities I visited, NUIM seemed the most friendly. I was actually surprised that I liked it so much.

Beware wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll also be heading to NUIM next year! Out of all the universities I visited, NUIM seemed the most friendly. I was actually surprised that I liked it so much.
    It's so cute or something! I <3 it.

BBL Law & Business for me, what about the rest of ye heading to NUIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fibrescale

UL hopefully. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

BBL Law & Business for me :) .....

Nah, just joking :pac: I'm doing Science Education hopefully! The course is quite small with only 30 places so another reason to choose NUIM! Some may see it as a disadvantage but personally I think it will be a great way to make good, close friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Cute is a good way to describe it :D . NUIM was the only university where I could actually imagine myself going.

And I'm doing Arts! My subjects are Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies, History and English.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

UCD hopefully :) I have a whole bunch of colleges down though :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Trinners are winners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Trinity is at no. 1, Maynooth is then at numbers 2 - 6, so it'll be there if I don't get Trinity. I'd be happy with Maynooth but I don't really love it as much as a lot of people do. I'd much prefer Trinity.

NUIM is class! What you hoping to do? HOPE TO GOD I get offered River though! Did you see the state of Rye?
    Hoping to do Music Technology! I put down Village and River! Rye does look nasty enough :pac: What are ya looking to do yourself?

Hoping to do Music Technology! I put down Village and River! Rye does look nasty enough :pac: What are ya looking to do yourself?
    BBL Civil Law & Business!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

come at me UL!

Beware wrote: »

Cute is a good way to describe it :D . NUIM was the only university where I could actually imagine myself going.

And I'm doing Arts! My subjects are Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies, History and English.
    Thats what I originally wainted to do but with Greek and Roman Civilization Studies instead of Medieval Irish and Celtic Studies! But then I saw the Music Tech course and I was just like 'F**k that!' :pac:

BBL Civil Law & Business!
    You going for the Entrance Scholarship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have UCD at no.1 right now but I may be changing that to TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have UCD at no.1 right now but I may be changing that to TCD.

I'm the same.. Hoping to do Business and Law. What about yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

NUIG!

Advertisement