Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Route 64 (Galway to Ireland West Airport Knock)

Options
  • 04-05-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has anyone used that service (Busroute 64, Galway to Knock Airport) lately. How reliable is their time table, especially on a Saturday? Bus Eireann states it makes the journey in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Is that possible? What are the usual delays if any to expect?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's a very reliable service, been going decades from Galway-Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Used it Saturday 21st May. Journey time was indeed about 1 hour and 40 mins. I was a little surprised to go through Dunmore, Ballyhaunis and Knock village, when there's a straight road to Knock airport which takes an hour.
    However, this portion of the journey forms part of the Bus route to Derry. I know the 64 bus route to Derry has been in existence since before the "straight" route has been there, and probably even since before the airport was built.
    The route serves the area well, I guess, I just hoped for a dedicated airport express service.
    Got me there well in time, just took a little longer than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hmm, didn't even know this existed. Might try Knock next time I fly.
    I don't like leaving the car at airports, too bloody expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Knock is the handiest airport to fly from. So quick to go through. One thing to watch out for is the €10 Development Fee, which has to be paid when entering the terminal. You'll notice when your booking flights the taxes and charges and usually nothing. The development fee is how the airport generates its revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meckertante

I don't mind the 1 hour 40 min. Just afraid because of the small roads it might take longer than that. If the bus arrives in time we still have 1 hour and 15 min until take off. So I figure we should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't mind the 1 hour 40 min. Just afraid because of the small roads it might take longer than that. If the bus arrives in time we still have 1 hour and 15 min until take off. So I figure we should be ok.
    It's not the "small roads" that would cause the delays.
    Getting out of Galway City, Claregalway and Tuam are the biggest "Slowdowns" on any journey on that route.
    +1 for Knock, great spot to fly out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Hmm, didn't even know this existed. Might try Knock next time I fly.
    I don't like leaving the car at airports, too bloody expensive.

Yeah, BE made some serious changes to the service in Sept last year, it's now quite a good option, provided it suits your flight times.

http://galwaypublictransportnews.blogspot.com/2011/09/changes-to-sligo-knock-galway-bus.html

Advertisement