Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding against myself?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Zipppy wrote: »
    Do you think he's bluffing and that there is no one else??
    Bearing in mind that this is the skeptical opinion of someone who won't be affected either way, yes.

Its up to you to decide what its worth to you, and you either get it without exceeding that price or you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Zipppy wrote: »
    Do you think he's bluffing and that there is no one else??

Walk away from the estate agent and buy somewhere else

from what you have told us - I would suggest that there is no-one else and the EA is trying to gazzump the price by creating a price war....even if there are other bidders - do you want to get involved in a bidding war ???

Walk away now - prices will still be this low and even lower in the near future....no shortage of homes but there is a shortage of buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Webster29

Assuming it's the house I saw, I believe it's real. I was at the open viewing, there were a huge number of people there. I made an appointment to go back on a weekday and three other couples showed up with me. Have been looking myself for over six months and this is by far the nicest house I've seen. There is no shortage of rubbish overpriced houses in poor condition in the middle of nowhere, but there is certainly a shortage of houses on nice streets in good condition at reasonable prices. I would be bidding against you too Zipppy only I am avoiding all bidding war situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Webster29 wrote: »
    Assuming it's the house I saw, I believe it's real. I was at the open viewing, there were a huge number of people there. I made an appointment to go back on a weekday and three other couples showed up with me. Have been looking myself for over six months and this is by far the nicest house I've seen. There is no shortage of rubbish overpriced houses in poor condition in the middle of nowhere, but there is certainly a shortage of houses on nice streets in good condition at reasonable prices. I would be bidding against you too Zipppy only I am avoiding all bidding war situations.

Chances are Webster is legit but he does only have two posts and one couldnt be shocked if he was your estate agent:)

Not buying in Dublin so I cant comment on the market there but when I feel that prices are right and enter the market I will do as Webster and try not to get into a bidding war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Webster29 wrote: »
    . I would be bidding against you too Zipppy only I am avoiding all bidding war situations.

Think I'll join you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Webster29

I'm definitely not anyone's estate agent! Just a prospective buyer getting more and more frustrated with this "buyer's market". In my limited experience, lack of supply is a real issue pushing up the prices of halfway decent houses. And many not halfway decent houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

If its going up by little increments like that, use your other leverage. Are you a couple with mortgage approval? Are you a cash buyer (no house to sell)? Are you local who wants to buy in the area? Throwing your weight behind how sure the sale will go through with you is worth a few grand to the seller on its own.

Advertisement