Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding music to itunes...

• 04-05-2012 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I innitily set up itunes and individually selected songs from albums as I didnt want a lot of crap taking up space.

But now I wish to add all the albums, so rather than going in and taking individual songs which will take me weeks is there a way of say dragging and dropping without my music duplicating?

also is there a way for songs to get added to itunes automatically once they go in a specific folder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Why don't you just remove everything that's in the itune's library and then re-add your entire music folder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Why don't you just remove everything that's in the itune's library and then re-add your entire music folder?

Eh that makes sense :D:D
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

actually I just remembered that thought did cross my mind, but i have used tuneup media to correct my file names, if I do delete my music and re-add wont that delete all the tags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

actually I just remembered that thought did cross my mind, but i have used tuneup media to correct my file names, if I do delete my music and re-add wont that delete all the tags?
    What you can do to write the tags to the files themselves. Select all music in the library, right click and select get info. In the comments box put in a space. It forces iTunes to rewrite all the tags to the file and then when removed and readded to the library, all tags should be maintained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Easiest option is to copy in the rest of your music, set iTunes to show duplicates, turn on the 'date added' column and delete the newest added duplicate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement