Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop gaming question (Windows 7/COH)

Options
  • 04-05-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me sort an issue out. I bought a new laptop (Windows 7, 2.2 ghz, 8gb, Nvidia 555m gt/Intel Graphics family) and I'm currently installing a wealth of older, but great PC games.

One such game is Company of Heroes. It will install ok, but it keeps barking out the following error when I go to run it:

"Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets minimum requirements for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system".

Here's the interesting thing, If I go to update my Nvidia card, the system will ask if I would like to restart - if I ignore this message and boot COH - it runs. But, if I reset to complete the upgrade, it won't start at all - and I get the error message above.

Hope this is the right section, and wondering if someone might know a fix.

Thanks,
    e
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Just in case anyone reads this - I got it sorted.

1.Right click desktop
    2. Select nvidia control panel
    3. Select 3D
    4. CLick programs
    5. Choose COH
    6. Select card to work with the game. Works first time

Thanks

Advertisement