Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardboard Boxes

Options
  • 04-05-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Moving house soon and could do with some decent cardboard boxes to aid the transition :-)

Any ideas on where in town I'd be able to pick some up?

Thanks,

OB.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Obviously and I've tried but they never seem to have any decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Dunnes in Edward Sq. often have sturdy ones. Usually the fruit and veg ones are heavier, they keep them just inside the door and are often on a trolley. Just ask them if you see some.

What's a decent cardboard box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Smyths? Woodies? B&Q? EZ-Living? ALDI?

• Advertisement

cardboard-box-open-lg.jpg

Sealable and not too big so that they'd be awkward to move.

Will take a look in Edward Square, thanks InishB.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I got a load in Silk's Cash & Carry a few years ago. They are opposite Massimos Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd recommend fruit boxes also, and spirits/wine. Ask a supermarket to see the manager to find a good time to collect them, if they'll keep them for you before squashing them.

Sound folks, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Go into Tesco in Galway Shopping Centre and ask them to keep them for you as they go through them. You can collect them later in the day/next day.
    That's what I did. Tell them you want the bigger boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Barrons Self Storage on the Tuam Road sell them.

Yupp out of that POST NO 1000TH yip yip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

snubbleste wrote: »
    A supermarket.

oh, your pithy wit gifted on us once again. why? do you get off on it? this kind of answer needs firmer moderation IMO

OP try Terryland Fruit and Veg Market, the boxes they have are good and strong, and they love giving them away.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Thank you kindly jkforde.
    I get all my boxes from the supermarket. I would give special mention to Flahavans Porridge Oats - the box has the correct dimensions, is of sufficient strength, has no holes or handles and most importantly is emblazoned with a shade of off-white. Even if it has been folded to be discarded, it can be resurrected and brought back to life with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I always liked banana boxes and the more heavy duty apple ones.

You can stick flattened boxes back together if you use the right type of tape, at least if they've only been flattened as in had bottom tape removed and box kept otherwise intact but like flattened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

The cardboard box sets from argos are a rip off. best to just go to s supermarket and pinch some there.

The cardboard box sets from argos are a rip off. best to just go to s supermarket and pinch some there.

That's more or less what I said! See post#2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's more or less what I said! See post#2

oh sorry, where did you mention argos exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Go to customer service desk in any Dunnes Stores and they will keep some from the stockroom for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement