Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Started a new portrait project: Avengers required

• 04-05-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

As The Avengers is released in cinemas in USA today I thought now was a pertinent time to reveal my new portrait project. I'm hoping to examine ego and alter-ego through the lens of Cosplayers. Full facts in my latest blog post.

Here's a shot that's not on the blog to give you an idea….
    7141487055_f3e69a142a_z.jpg

more to come in next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

would love to attend some of the shoots - if its at all possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,257 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would like to sum this thread up through the medium of video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI

i would like to sum this thread up through the medium of video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f_HsjpSVaI

Jennifer Saunders version is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

are you looking for pics of people as avengers or the actual avengers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Gordon Fraser

Big Steve wrote: »
    are you looking for pics of people as avengers or the actual avengers?

If you read the blog post in the link I think it's explained. I am looking for folk who dress up in costumes.....they may be Avengers characters or may not. I put that bit in as the person in this image is dressed as the main protaganist in the Avengers film that's out just now. The project is about finding out if there is a commonality in the personalities of the folk who do this sort of stuff. So far it's been interesting finding out.

Thanks for looking

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I cosplay and know quite a few cosplayers over here but its more aimed at anime and manga so even finding people with avenger or marvel costumes of their own will be tricky. When I attend cosplay events I usually go to Japan/L.A. and the USA, there was an emphasis on cosplay at this years celebrate Japan day in Farmleigh house but I didn't see one marvel costume. If you want I can put the link out there and see if any of my cosplay friends are interested? the only problem I could see arising and its quite a big one is age, many of them are under 18yrs old. Either way I could ask around if you want?

3889014830_aef04c4acd.jpg

My own type of cosplay is a mix between kitten neko mimi and gothic lolita but again the cosplay community in Ireland is quite small and most times I prefer to be behind the lens than in-front. :)

Teenagers might be a little bit more tricky to deal with but they can have a guardian sign a talent release for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gordon Fraser

Thanks for the offers everyone. I am actually based in UK but am over in Ireland once a year on business and to visit friends who live in Castledermot. I think for the purposes of the project i need adults rather than children. If you do think there are folk who may want or be able to get involved then I'm perfectly happy to be put in touch. On my last trip I took a day off to photograph Achill Island and i'd be happy to try fitting in any potential subjects if I could on next trip. I tend to end up going all over the country. Last time it was North, then Bancruna (?) then down to Achil, further to Gallway, over to blackrock and Dublin then down south to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Oh the UK? you might have a lot more luck over there, either way I'll ask around and see if anyone in the UK is interested preferably adults. Good luck with the project, its looking great so far. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement