Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for CPU thermal paste

Options
  • 04-05-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy some online, cheap, for a HP G60 laptop that overheats and turns itself off. I only want to use if for F@H (see my sig).I'm replacing the fan and I suspect the paste is partly to blame, there's probably some fluff too.

Any recommendations between the tub/sachet/syringe/applicator methods ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy some online, cheap, for a HP G60 laptop that overheats and turns itself off. I only want to use if for F@H (see my sig).I'm replacing the fan and I suspect the paste is partly to blame, there's probably some fluff too.

Any recommendations between the tub/sachet/syringe/applicator methods ?

Thanks

This would be fine for you
    http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/Xigmatek_PTI_G3606_Thermal_Paste_3g/index.html
    This will give you an idea of the differences in pastes.
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermal-Compound-Roundup-February-2012/1490/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Second link was interesting ! I'd never have thought anybody would test mayonnaise/butter/chocolate/lipstick/mustard for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Second link was interesting ! I'd never have thought anybody would test mayonnaise/butter/chocolate/lipstick/mustard for this !

Pretty hilarious, I have an old laptop that overheats pretty sure it's due to needing thermal paste replaced but I would love to try mayonnaise etc.
    Although question is how long would the mayonnaise last :D

Advertisement