Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go about repeating the Leaving Cert

• 04-05-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I kinda messed up on my leaving this year. I got really depressed and didn't study much and I missed a lot of time and I pretty much know I'm not going to get the points I need. I've been studying over the past few weeks but I know it's not enough. The principal and vice-principal at my school like me so I don't think I'd have any trouble getting back in to repeat 6th year.

Say for example, I get the marks I need in 4 subjects but my other 2 are completely crap. Do I have to repeat those 4 subjects or can I carry them over to next year and just do the 2 subjects that I messed up on or do I have to repeat all 7 of my subjects and then get a new 6?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I kinda messed up on my leaving this year. I got really depressed and didn't study much and I missed a lot of time and I pretty much know I'm not going to get the points I need. I've been studying over the past few weeks but I know it's not enough. The principal and vice-principal at my school like me so I don't think I'd have any trouble getting back in to repeat 6th year.

Say for example, I get the marks I need in 4 subjects but my other 2 are completely crap. Do I have to repeat those 4 subjects or can I carry them over to next year and just do the 2 subjects that I messed up on or do I have to repeat all 7 of my subjects and then get a new 6?

I dont think you can carry over points or whatever.
    If you sit the leaving this year, and again next year your highest one will be taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Well I hope I can help you on this as I was in a similar situation, I sat my leaving cert 6 years ago but am I repeating it this year but only two subjects though. There are two ways of looking at it

1. If you need the points for a college course that you want to pursue you are going to have to do all the exams in one go. Unfortunately points cannot not be carried over from different sittings of the leaving cert.

2. If it is just the grades you are looking for then go for it. For example you are doing 6 subjects and fail 2 of them, you can just repeat the two subjects you failed next year and your grades from the previous year will be carried over.

Hope this helps

Advertisement