Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who gets what

• 04-05-2012 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

very convoluted story but here goes, my grandmother died before i was born, her husband (my grandfather) remarried and had a child. he had 4 kids with my grandmother, one of which was my dad. my grandparents house, which is my grandfathers now, if he died, does the house go to his current wife, and cut out my dad and his siblings even if there was a will leaving it to his current wife? i don't know if there is a will or not.
    not looking for legal advice, just wondering what way it would go

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

wesf wrote: »
    very convoluted story but here goes, my grandmother died before i was born, her husband (my grandfather) remarried and had a child. he had 4 kids with my grandmother, one of which was my dad. my grandparents house, which is my grandfathers now, if he died, does the house go to his current wife, and cut out my dad and his siblings even if there was a will leaving it to his current wife? i don't know if there is a will or not.
    not looking for legal advice, just wondering what way it would go

But if your father has two sons what is his name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

It goes to whoever your grandfather leaves it too in his will which would most likely be his current wife
    There may be stipulations in the will to share it amongst all his kids, there may not be. If not it's then up to his wife as to what happens with the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

i'd say it will be left to her in a will, she'd be the money grabbing sort. the house wasn't originally left to my grandfather by way of will, he got it in his name after her death. supposedely my grandmother always said the house would go to her son, my uncle.
    just thought maybe the original kids couldn't be cut out just because he remarried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

darokane wrote: »
    It goes to whoever your grandfather leaves it too in his will which would most likely be his current wife
    There may be stipulations in the will to share it amongst all his kids, there may not be. If not it's then up to his wife as to what happens with the house

The grandfather in this case must leave at least 1/3 of his estate to his current wife. Children have no automatic right to a share of an estate but if any child believes he or she has not been correctly provided for can make an application to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement