Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright Query - Homemade Furniture

Options
  • 04-05-2012 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

Im hoping sombody might be able to help me.
    My brother and I made some childrens bedroom furniture with the shapes and designs of various cartoon characters on them.
    We were planning on advertising them and if it was feasible, possibly go a bit more in depth and make large quantities.
    However we are worried that we may be infringing on copyright issues for the cartoon characters. We were with our local enterprise board and they could not give us any information.
    We dont want to get caught out. We rather rather not make more than risk getting a fine / lawsuit!!

Would anybody have any information on this?

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I am afraid you can take as dead certain that any even mildly well know cartoon character is protected by both copyright and registered trade mark, You would be mad to infringe their protection. The slightly better news is that most mark owners are will to licence their use, so contact the owners, you can easily Google to find out who they are.
    The other possibility is to buy already licensed stickers/transfers and supply them with your product, just dont fit them your self.

cheers

Peter

Advertisement