Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - Lost Passport - Need New Visa

Options
  • 04-05-2012 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All

Im really in an awful situation and dont know where to turn :(

I have lost my passport here in Toronto and its going to take 3 weeks for a new one. I need to apply for a new IEC visa as my one is up end of June. (I know Im leaving it pretty late, didnt realise how fast they went this year) There is only 400 left and im pretty sure they will be gone by the time I get my new passport.

Here is what I was thinking (I am at my wits end so probably not thinking straight)
    Do you think I could possibly validate the forms using my old passport number etc and send off the application? hoping to get accepted?

Or

I was thinking of validating the forms now with my old details, waiting on my new passport and send off my visa then with a post dated mark on my application ?

Any advice/help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

What do you need to submit for the IEC visa? Just passport number or a photocopy?

You could call the embassy and ask whether your new passsport will have the same number as the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lolly23

Yes, I just need my passport number and a photocopy of my passport (Which I have)

The only thing is, I have reported my passport lost (Didnt give passport number or expirary date) and it not officially reported lost yet (havent supplied my form to comfirm its lost)

I have called them and it will be a new passport number when I get a new one :(

So as there is only 400 something left I was going to chance submitting an application with my old passport number, and as they take sooo long to process the application, I was hoping to have my new passport by then and hopefully be able to contact them to advise them I have new passport number etc

Its such a messy situation and I honestly cant see a way out :(

The only other thing I could do is wait for my new passport, but Im pretty sure they will be all gone by then :( so Id have to leave canada and go home to ireland Which I really do not want to do.

My work wants to sponsor me too, so this is just possibly the worst thing that could happen me right now :(

Who issues the "IEC Visa"?

Is there a phone number you can call for some more information?

So you've got the photocopy of the old passport and you haevnt reported it missing...

What if you'd applied this weekend and then the passport was lost next week?

...just asking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lolly23

Exactly!!!! Thats the way Im thinking, surely it has happened before!!!...

I have an email for IEC but they are IMPOSSIBLE to get and they dont respond... Ill just have to keep trying I guess..

I think I will just have to submitted the application and hope for the best, if not I will be waiting 3 weeks anyway and Im pretty sure it will be closed for 2012 and wont reopen untill 2013 and I will be over the 18month rule then !!

I really REALLY dont want to have to go back to Ireland... :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement