Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Feral doing crap dmg

Options
  • 04-05-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is anyone here that knows something about feral pvp? Im not doing much dmg and I dont know whats going on. I've got a few Cata items, Im keeping up the bleeds, but im averaging 10k on crits and its starting to piss me off. I'm hovering around the 1300 rating and losing to other druids who are putting cyclone on me and still attacking while im in it.

When my pvp partner (priest) gets attacked by ferals he says he goes down real fast, yet when i attack priests it takes me ages to kill them.

Any ideas/tips? Heres me

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Faerie fire on targets, bleeds up at all time, tigers fury when available and shred, shred, shred ! :) make a macro that uses mangle when shred unavailable due to lag or whatever, like to you you're behind the target but to the game itself you're not.

Personally I'd also use either windwalk as the enchant or hurricane. Use your speed buffs like dash as you're attacking, pisses people off.

I use the two pvp on-proc agi trinkets, the conquest points one and the honour points one, leaves you a bit open with no escape trinket but when both proc together it's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

make a macro with mangle, tigers fury, and ur trinket (agi) for max burst in arenas

take 1 out of natural reaction and fury swipes and put them into endless carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

oxo_ wrote: »
    Faerie fire on targets, bleeds up at all time, tigers fury when available and shred, shred, shred ! :) make a macro that uses mangle when shred unavailable due to lag or whatever, like to you you're behind the target but to the game itself you're not.

Personally I'd also use either windwalk as the enchant or hurricane. Use your speed buffs like dash as you're attacking, pisses people off.

I use the two pvp on-proc agi trinkets, the conquest points one and the honour points one, leaves you a bit open with no escape trinket but when both proc together it's nuts.

I think my rotation seems to be alight, although mangle seems to do a lot more dmg than shred for some reason?

I tend to save my dash/roar for them im tangled/frozen in place and a shape shift wont knock off the debuff!

Got that macro handy?
    conor360 wrote: »
    make a macro with mangle, tigers fury, and ur trinket (agi) for max burst in arenas

take 1 out of natural reaction and fury swipes and put them into endless carnage

I didnt really consider my spec, so I got rid of my Resto/moonkin spec and tried a new feral. How do you think this one looks?

Have to say, in Arena it is definitely doing more dmg, every healer I've opened up on has been left with 10% hp and has only been saved by the team mates CC.

One thing tho, holy paladins. FML. Worst healer to play against in 2's hands down. No idea how to kill them

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

red_ice wrote: »
    other druids who are putting cyclone on me and still attacking while im in it.

That's impossible. What they do though is you get low, cyclone you, then CC your healer and when you come out of cyclone you have no HoT's or shields and they can get off a kill.
    One thing tho, holy paladins. FML. Worst healer to play against in 2's hands down. No idea how to kill them

Two's is a ****ty bracket, healers arent balanced around it so they are very OP in 2's as they are designed to be healing more than themselves and a dps.

Best bet is to get in a 3's team, Hunter/Feral/HPala is pretty nice.

Think Enh, Feral, Hpala also works well.

In work so can't check out your armoury but a few things to check (you probably have them anyway)

Spell Pen cap (Im guessing you need it so cyclone doesn't miss)
    Hit cap (obviously)
    Expertise cap

One last point, is your arena partner well geared, could be his poor gear causing ferals to rip him down so easily, feral on a clothie is a painful experience, more so if they are under geared

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

No I'm amazing! :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Omegagear/advanced

I tend to only get dropped fast, if there is a well geared DK in the opposing team, or if two plate melee are able to go to town on me with CCing reddy constantly.

I'm more worried about surviving double dps with their short burst windows..

reddy just really sucks at dropping holy palas, even if i do burn all their mana twice in one round :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

nix wrote: »
    No I'm amazing! :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Omegagear/advanced

I tend to only get dropped fast, if there is a well geared DK in the opposing team, or if two plate melee are able to go to town on me with CCing reddy constantly.

I'm more worried about surviving double dps with their short burst windows..

reddy just really sucks at dropping holy palas, even if i do burn all their mana twice in one round :P

Lol, cant click the link in work, won't open but I will take your word for it XD.

Aye priests get it rough against the likes of warriors and dks. Did a bit of 2s on my warrior with a dk mate, priests dropped fast. Best thing to do is just get GladiatorLoSsa and CC when you hear their CDs go off. Alternatively re roll Hpala or RSham cos they are both fecking op lol

Cant say I did well against HPala's on my warrior, rare occassion when they need to stop and cast so they just spam out instant heals all day long. fcukers -.-

Re rolled hunter though, gna own it up in 3s soon =D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

I didnt really consider my spec, so I got rid of my Resto/moonkin spec and tried a new feral. How do you think this one looks?

why dont you go as i told you? that new spec is awful :/ you need 2 in nurturing instincts defo if your partner is a healer.

Advertisement