Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re sim dialler

Options
  • 04-05-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi Altor/Guys
    It's 2012 now. Is the 085 still the best value sim to get do you know ? Am getting add on hkc dialler and want to get the best value sim. Also would you know can the hkc dialler to send a test call every so often do you know? I am not sure what dialler model it is exactly , except it's an add on for panel and sends txt not voice ... Thanks
    Minder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    Hi Altor/Guys
    It's 2012 now. Is the 085 still the best value sim to get do you know ? Am getting add on hkc dialler and want to get the best value sim. Also would you know can the hkc dialler to send a test call every so often do you know? I am not sure what dialler model it is exactly , except it's an add on for panel and sends txt not voice ... Thanks
    Minder

Hi Minder,
    I would choose the sim by the signal strength more so than any offers they have.
    Then new plug on GSM that is coming out for the Securewave and Quantum will have this feature. It will be nearly half the price of the GSM-P. Have you any link to the dialer you are looking at? The HKC GSM for the newer panels will do voice or text.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally I go for Meteor as well. You have the additional option as they will roam on O2s network.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

altor wrote: »
    Hi Minder,
    I would choose the sim by the signal strength more so than any offers they have.
    Then new plug on GSM that is coming out for the Securewave and Quantum will have this feature. It will be nearly half the price of the GSM-P. Have you any link to the dialer you are looking at? The HKC GSM for the newer panels will do voice or text.

its the SW1070 I am getting.."

GSM Tell Text Dialer (Self Monitored)
    Fit a Text Dialer GSM Unit. This unit can be pre-programmed to text 3 telephone numbers (keyholders only) when the alarm is activated.

above is dialler....being charged 150 to fit it....have no other info other than that...i understand oits the most modern i imagine ....i think its a standard hkc plug in..,

thks for your advice

Minder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    its the SW1070 I am getting.."

GSM Tell Text Dialer (Self Monitored)
    Fit a Text Dialer GSM Unit. This unit can be pre-programmed to text 3 telephone numbers (keyholders only) when the alarm is activated.

above is dialler....being charged 150 to fit it....have no other info other than that...i understand oits the most modern i imagine ....i think its a standard hkc plug in..,

thks for your advice

Minder

You will need to find out the name as I suspect they are just telling you it works with the HKC rather than being made by them.

These type GSMs will work but preference would be for the GSM that is made by HKC. With this GSM you will get more information with regards zones that have activated plus remote access to the panel. You can also set it up to either text or give a voice message of the alarm activation's.

Another GSM that another user came across is the SmartGuard GSM. Available in Reliable.
    It does the exact same as the GSM you are looking at for just over €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Jason

sent you email re this

• Advertisement
Advertisement