Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big scope problem.

Options
  • 04-05-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Got a new scope and finally got the mounts for it today. Went out to zero it and was shooting high a good 2 foot easily. After getting the height right it was time to do the windage. Anyways was only shooting about 9-10 inches left at 50 yards then brought it in to about 2-3 inches off the bull so i went back to 100yards and was shooting 3-4 inches left so dialed in the right amount and was a inch off (knew it wasn't going to be bang off due to myself) but then i went to bring it over another 4 clicks but couldn't i ran out of windage and don't know what to do? It could be the scope isn't 100% level i do it my looking through it and seeing when it looks "good". Then i lie on the ground and line it up with the wall in the house about 15 yards away and was lineing perfect and the ground is perfect. What should i do? Take mounts off and get someone who will fit the scope 100% accurately or what? Any tips would be great.
    Thanks,
    Eric.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

1st of all what make rifle, scope and mounts have you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

Erk wrote: »
    Got a new scope and finally got the mounts for it today. Went out to zero it and was shooting high a good 2 foot easily. After getting the height right it was time to do the windage. Anyways was only shooting about 9-10 inches left at 50 yards then brought it in to about 2-3 inches off the bull so i went back to 100yards and was shooting 3-4 inches left so dialed in the right amount and was a inch off (knew it wasn't going to be bang off due to myself) but then i went to bring it over another 4 clicks but couldn't i ran out of windage and don't know what to do? It could be the scope isn't 100% level i do it my looking through it and seeing when it looks "good". Then i lie on the ground and line it up with the wall in the house about 15 yards away and was lineing perfect and the ground is perfect. What should i do? Take mounts off and get someone who will fit the scope 100% accurately or what? Any tips would be great.
    Thanks,
    Eric.
    Is your scope a ziess by any chance, i had the same problem and so did my mate with his , get yourself a set of windage adjustable mounts or a set of burris signature z rings , center your scope then set your mounts to align your scope with your bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Have a look a Clive J's videos on scope set up. They're excellently done and should help you out big time. They worked a treat for me. THANKS CLIVE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Have a Savage rifle in .308 with Warne mounts and a Swarovski 2.5-15x56mm. Think i found out what i done wrong now. Will try Clive's video looks good just need to get a spirit level :o Thanks for the comments lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

You didn't say what rifle and s ope you have
    Have you a rail fitted to the action if yes then this can be off to either side of the bore axis

I have a 1meter steel rule that I can put tight along the scope rail and see if it lines up along the barrel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

clivej wrote: »
    You didn't say what rifle and s ope you have
    Have you a rail fitted to the action if yes then this can be off to either side of the bore axis

I have a 1meter steel rule that I can put tight along the scope rail and see if it lines up along the barrel

I did say :o it's a savage rifle and scope is a Swarovski scope. The rail is a pictanny rail also. Had no problems before. I think I found the problem will let ye know tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭.243

are you using warne rings ???

Advertisement