Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA DV 2013 Green Card Lottery

Options
  • 04-05-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I have been selected for further processing in the DV 2013...

I have some questions that I hope some people could help me with preferably if you have been throught the process before!

1.Does Leaving Certificate qualify for the green card and in the interview?

2.What police report will they accept? Police certificate/Garda Vetting or both?

3.How likely am I to get a green card with the Leaving Cert?

4.Excluding medical examination fee what other fees am I expected to pay?

It would be really helpful if people out there can shed some light on this for me as I contacted the Embassy in Dublin yesterday and they were useless :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

This thread will give you a good idea of the process. There's a lot of helpful info in it.

To try and answer your questions:
    1. The LC is valid for the education portion of the GC requirements.
    2. Police report is basically a letter from your local police office (you may need more than one depending where you lived and how long) stating you were never in trouble or stating what happened if you were.
    3. You won't get a GC based on the LC alone. There a numerous conditions you must meet so I'm not sure what you're asking with this question.
    4. There's a non-refundable fee of $775 (in 2010 anyways) that you need to pay to the embassy before you have your interview. It has to be dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lornac22

This thread will give you a good idea of the process. There's a lot of helpful info in it.

To try and answer your questions:
    1. The LC is valid for the education portion of the GC requirements.
    2. Police report is basically a letter from your local police office (you may need more than one depending where you lived and how long) stating you were never in trouble or stating what happened if you were.
    3. You won't get a GC based on the LC alone. There a numerous conditions you must meet so I'm not sure what you're asking with this question.
    4. There's a non-refundable fee of $775 (in 2010 anyways) that you need to pay to the embassy before you have your interview. It has to be dollars.

Really appreciate that, thank you,

well in regards to the LC I have worked but I dont think the job qualifies in this case i would be going in on my LC?
    What else would I need to qualify?
    So would a police certifcate be accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lornac22

Have just read the DV Fee is now only $330 per person

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

The LC is the minimum requirement, I brought other college certificates and also my husbands he has great qualifications. They don't care its the DV lottery they just want the LC so you have no worries.
    As far as I remember our police check had to be signed by the superintendent and it doesn't go to the the usual check the clubs sports checks or it will take forever. Tell them in the station what its for we got ours back really quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Aprilmay

Lornac22 wrote: »
    Have just read the DV Fee is now only $330 per person

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

Wow! We paid 775 each for the four of us, the kids were the same price. I wonder why the big price drop.The price usually go up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement