Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress installation Problem

Options
  • 04-05-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I'm currently setting up a wordpress website and have folllowed all instructions very carefully. I have installed wordpress and uploaded the wp files to my public_html directory.

I have also renamed the wp-config-sample file to wp-config & edited it as per MySQL database.

When I try to direct my browser to the install.php file I get a "Not Found" error.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message.
    Anyone know where I went wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Firstly, as a word of warning, I'd say crop your screenshots before uploading them, you're needlessly exposing information to people.

So from the looks of your error, it can't find the PHP page itself rather than having trouble connecting to your DB, etc. Did you definitely upload the files directly to public_html, as opposed to public_html/wordpress123 for example?

Also, is your hosting company & where you registered the domain the same company? Are they correctly pointing to your hosting DNS? Have you tried uploading a static file first — hello.html — & making sure that you can browse to that & see its content?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 koaj

THanks Feathers,

Turns out the hosting company were pointing the dns to wrong servers.
    They've since resolved it.

Thanks for the heads up re screenshot. I've deleted it

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

cool, no worries! Glad to hear you got it sorted :)

Advertisement