Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Get Best Treated Timber For Raised Beds

Options
  • 04-05-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I am going to give making my own raised beds a go and wanted some advice on where is the best place to get suitable treated timber?

I live in the Galway region. I am thinking of building maybe three eight foot by four foot beds.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

iPhone. wrote: »
    I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I am going to give making my own raised beds a go and wanted some advice on where is the best place to get suitable treated timber?

I live in the Galway region. I am thinking of building maybe three eight foot by four foot beds.

Shame you aint in Dublin.

Grange Builders Providers sell new 8 foot long pressure treated sleepers for 18 euro each.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi paddy,

Thanks for the info but not really looking for sleepers tbh.

More in the line of scaffold planks or something similar in treated timber line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

iPhone. wrote: »
    Hi paddy,

Thanks for the info but not really looking for sleepers tbh.

More in the line of scaffold planks or something similar in treated timber line.

Plenty of companies and people selling used scaffold planks on Donedeal and Adverts for around 3 euro per 8 foot scaffold plank.

Bought a heap of them from a building/scaffolding company here in Dublin for 3 euro per 8 foot length

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Most builders providers will have 9x2 pressure treated timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

what would the width or height of them be? and any idea of a good versus bad price?

• Advertisement
Advertisement