Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payslip query!!!!!

Options
  • 04-05-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anybody knows the answer to this, I am going to be leaving work in the next few weeks and i would like to know am i able to claim back my tax, usc and prsi???? i have attached my payslip see attachment if any of you have any ideas please let me know.

*i erased all my personal details

Cheers for any help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

As far as I know you can't claim back your USC or Prsi as this goes towards your "stamps" for social welfare if you ever have to claim. If you either register on www.payeanytime.ie or else call revenue and give them your PPS no and ask them if you can get a refund they will be able to tell you. A payslip is purely to show you what you have paid in tax,prasi, usc and by the looks of its a union subscription too. Its not going to tell anyone if you can get a refund or not.

Quick ? though are you leaving to go to a different job or leaving voulantary to go on social?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chrispym

As far as I know you can't claim back your USC or Prsi as this goes towards your "stamps" for social welfare if you ever have to claim. If you either register on www.payeanytime.ie or else call revenue and give them your PPS no and ask them if you can get a refund they will be able to tell you. A payslip is purely to show you what you have paid in tax,prasi, usc and by the looks of its a union subscription too. Its not going to tell anyone if you can get a refund or not.

Quick ? though are you leaving to go to a different job or leaving voulantary to go on social?

Thanks for the reply i was reading up online and i found this

"If your income is less than €10,036 you pay no Universal Social Charge (USC)"

and seen as i wont have made that before i leave i should be due a refund?? I'm probably way off.

No im doing neither im leaving to go to austrailia so just seen these deductions and was hoping it was an extra few quid ya know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

chrispym wrote: »

Thanks for the reply i was reading up online and i found this

"If your income is less than €10,036 you pay no Universal Social Charge (USC)"

and seen as i wont have made that before i leave i should be due a refund?? I'm probably way off.

No im doing neither im leaving to go to austrailia so just seen these deductions and was hoping it was an extra few quid ya know!!!

Your paye can be reclaimed if your leavin for more then 6 months.
    You can also claim back social insurance for last few years I think 4 years if your income falls below a certain amount. If I remember correctly you write off to pearse house an it takes up to 8 weeks to process. Again I not sure of amount or qualifyin criteria for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

chrispym wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anybody knows the answer to this, I am going to be leaving work in the next few weeks and i would like to know am i able to claim back my tax, usc and prsi???? i have attached my payslip see attachment if any of you have any ideas please let me know.

*i erased all my personal details

Cheers for any help!!!

If you are ceasing work and leaving the country, you will need to obtain a P45 from your employer when you leave. You send this to your local Revenue office along with a completed form P50 to claim any refund of overpaid tax due. The online service cannot be used for this. The form P50 is for PAYE only. The USC will have to be claimed for after 31/12/12.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/tax-refunds.html

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

USC may be claimed prior to end of year if you're leaving the country. Call in to your local tax office and they'll sort you out. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement