Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Dual Monitor Setup

Options
  • 04-05-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hows it going,

Posting this for a buddy of mine who got a PC built recently.

It has nVidia GT440 graphics card and he has VGA to monitor A , and DVI > VGA adapter to monitor B.

Attached is a screenshots of the problem. The right hand side of both monitors have a black bar. If u try drag icons over it they disappear behind it.

Anyone have any ideas ? played with resolution which didnt help, theres also no other buttons on the monitor other then power button. normally they have an auto size/fit button

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Looks like the desktop is not set up correctly, right click on desktop> Nvidia control panel. Expand 'Display' and click on 'Set up multiple displays'. Check that the resolutions shown match the monitors.

Or else its possibly an issue with panel scaling, right click on desktop> Nvidia control panel. Expand 'Display' and click on 'Change flat panel scaling', try using different options-panel, nvidia & no scaling and see if this resolves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

glynf wrote: »
    Looks like the desktop is not set up correctly, right click on desktop> Nvidia control panel. Expand 'Display' and click on 'Set up multiple displays'. Check that the resolutions shown match the monitors.

Or else its possibly an issue with panel scaling, right click on desktop> Nvidia control panel. Expand 'Display' and click on 'Change flat panel scaling', try using different options-panel, nvidia & no scaling and see if this resolves it.

Tried the first step, monitors resolution are both correct and maching. Can't try second step as nvidia's newest drivers don't have any of those options :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Give a look here, ;

The drivers on my laptop have scaling options but are Sony specific I think (never use the feckin thing:o)-version 188.80. I would imagine any drivers about 1.5 years old would have the same options.

Advertisement