Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many times Should i use these products for Dry Hair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I have really dry hair and, from personal experience, Vo5 isn't the best. I use Elvive for coloured hair (coloured hair shampoos and conditioners are the most moisturising) or Pantene (also for coloured hair). I use a masque maybe twice a week too (for the extra boost, particularly on the ends) - tend to switch it up each time I buy masques (go on a reading spree in the supermarket!). I found the Vo5 hot oils quite good, and also the heat protect serum, but not the shampoos or conditioners.

Trying not to wash your hair everyday will make a massive difference to it - I was my hair every second day and I really noticed how much the dryness changed when I stopped washing it every day. Using a heat protectant if using heat and letting your hair air dry as much as possible will also help. I have tried some leave in conditioners (and I have friends who rave about them) but I didn't find them great so don't use them (but they may be worth a try for you). Unfortunately, I cannot say "use X three times a week and your hair will be fab" - it all depends on the products and how well your own hair reacts to them. Trial and error is a pain but trying a few different products can give you a good idea of what you are looking for and will help you find products that are good for your own hair needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The major problem I see is the amount of times per week that you're washing your hair. 5 times a week seems like far too much, particularly if you have dry hair.

It's really hard to say what products will work for your hair, as it's all individual. I am a massive fan of Argan Oil products. I add about 3 drops to my hair when wet. That's about 3-4 times per week.

dudara wrote: »
    The major problem I see is the amount of times per week that you're washing your hair. 5 times a week seems like far too much, particularly if you have dry hair.

It's really hard to say what products will work for your hair, as it's all individual. I am a massive fan of Argan Oil products. I add about 3 drops to my hair when wet. That's about 3-4 times per week.

Which product Argan oil are you using im using this : have u used this .

http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/vo5-miracle-concentrate-the-budget-moroccanoil/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I don't have dry hair in general but I find the ends of my hair can be dry so I use the argan oil that you get in Pennys for €2.50, about a 1cent drop and run it through my hair. It's never been in better condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I think three minute miracle is great as well! I have fine dry hair and wash it everyday!

Dry shampoo is good though though too if you play sports and get oily roots.

VO5 isn't great TBH Aussie Elvive or John Frieda better.

u shouldnt shampoo or conditionion your hair every day

so am i right in saying Shampoong conditioning not more than 3 times a week ???

Is it ok just to wash your hair in the shower with water just on the days off??? i use teh gym a lot

Any water in your hair will strip away the oils to some degree. Shampoo and conditioner just makes it worse. Try not to wash your hair at all - invest in a shower cap perhaps.

I use an Argan Oil that I bought in Boots - link

dudara wrote: »
    Any water in your hair will strip away the oils to some degree. Shampoo and conditioner just makes it worse. Try not to wash your hair at all - invest in a shower cap perhaps.

I use an Argan Oil that I bought in Boots - link

Bur Surely not washing your hair even after a gym work out is going to make ur hair very sweaty and smelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

You could use a bit of dry shampoo on the roots to soak up most the grease after gym. Then wash it after second work out.

When you do wash it, I recommend sulphate free shampoos as they don't have the foaming agents added to sud up and therefore not as drying as normal shampoos. I started using them for 12week blow dry but now continue to use them as my hair is quite dry. I used a normal shampoo one day and couldn't believe how dry my hair felt at ends after drying.

• Advertisement

faolteam wrote: »
    Bur Surely not washing your hair even after a gym work out is going to make ur hair very sweaty and smelly

When you let sweat dry off quickly you won't be smelly. Lingering sweat does smell. If your basic hygiene is good, then a bit of sweat will be no issue.

You've got to decide if not washing your hair occasionally is worth it. Try it and see if it works.

Advertisement