Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and Language Vs Occupational Therapy

• 04-05-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey so im thinking of doing Speech and Laguage Therapy or Occupational Therapy in UCC or NUIG . I'm really stuck between the two i'd prefer to go to cork but I'm not sure which job/course would suit me better ? any one have any insight in to this courses in either colleges or is in the same situation ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

kkblackbee wrote: »
    Hey so im thinking of doing Speech and Laguage Therapy or Occupational Therapy in UCC or NUIG . I'm really stuck between the two i'd prefer to go to cork but I'm not sure which job/course would suit me better ? any one have any insight in to this courses in either colleges or is in the same situation ?

I have speech and language down in NUIG.
    Was further up the list but moved it down, I think I'd prefer psychology, and you can always get into speech and language from that.

At the open day I was talking to one of the lecturers and I student that did it and they raally recommended it.
    Its 4 years and after that your completely finished, no post grads or anything needed.
    And it's now been recognised abroad .. Aussie, America etc etc.

It sounds like a really good course, I wouldnt mind it at all if I got it. :)

Advertisement