Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get vodafone home broadband but dont have active landline.

• 04-05-2012 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So i dont have a currently active landline,. there was an eircom one in the house but the contract was cancelled over three years ago.Will the number i had then still be assingned to the house or will i need a totally new number??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,807 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was in a similar situation to yours, when I moved into my new house.

Owners had an Eircom line but it was cancelled.

Went to my local VF store and signed up for the contract and the line was reactivated. Pls note though, I was able to provide them with the old number. They might ask for this (even though when I got the line activated I seemed to get a new number).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

To get the reference number for the line (won't actually be the phone number when it's active).

Plug a phone in and dial 199000
    The exchange will say a telephone number, this is the reference number for the line while it is out of service. It helps them locate the house and install the service if you include this information with your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

This happened to me. Vodafone checked the line and got all the info for me. Old land line number and UAN. They do a line test, it takes a day to get results back.
    Just to warn you it can take up to 10 working days to reconnect the land line, then up to another 21 after that for the broadband to be connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 angry_muppet

I'm in a similar situation... I'm newly married and moving into a rental house with my wife where there is a line installed, but the previous owner took the number with them.

I would like to go with Vodafone as my wife is currently with them for mobile. The basic bundle has been quoted as €38, less 20% discount for already having a mobile with them. Eircom have explicitly stated that they cannot only activate the line, but that I must stay with them for 12 months. Their cheapest bundle is €50, and given my father-in-law's experiences, I'm not keen on dealing with Eircom for BB.

Reading several other, much older, threads on here, it seems I'm not the only one to have had this issue. Am I correct in understanding that given the recent terms of the bundles, where it states:
    A customer may cease this Facility without penalty up to 2 weeks after the Initial Bill Date.
    I can immediately cancel my contract with them and use the UAN to port straightaway to Vodafone?

If not, what options do I have? UPC are no use as I'm in Rural Wexford...

Advertisement