Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A plea for clemency (motors)

Options
  • 04-05-2012 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I abused a mod via PM in the Motors forum several months back - I called him a self-masterbator - often construed as an insult, although a natural phenomenon (with many scientifically proven health benefits) and common to many species.

I have had many months to reflect on this needless emotive reactive PM sent by me. It followed a thread posted by me, the details of which involved the observation of three cars being caught on the N4 at 1.30am in the morning. I raised the question of the legitimacy from a road safety perspective of a GATSO van catching motorists on an empty road, and raised the issue of revenue generation. Yes, I admit this is a cliched topic.

This thread was immediately shut down by the mod who cited the meme "Cool story bra :rolleyes:". My limbic system perceived this sarcastic response as an attack on my very being, massive amounts of adrenalin were released and the resulting sending of a one word PM as described above unfortunately resulted.

I subsequently received a life time ban from the motors forum. Several months passed before I apologised for my misguided PM. Yes, my apology was somewhat political and was more an expression of sorrow at myself for resorting to personal abuse. However, there was, and still is, a sense of genuine remorse for directing a needless insult at a volunteer.

I again appeal in a time of desperation for restoration to the motors forum. If this is not a runner, may I be so daring as to suggest a commutation of my life time ban.

I would also ask you, one in control of this decision, to view my participation in boards.ie. I would hope that I have contributed positively over the past months and been a team player in our vast community. I have demonstrated restraint and respected the guidelines set forth in the majority of forums (save one or two minor transgressions in divisive topics).

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Please review my case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It strikes me that you're not even on the forum many months, let alone having many months to cogitate on the implications of insulting someone who volunteers their time to make this site good for everyone.

The ban stands. Sending abusive PMs is not acceptable and you are lucky not to have received a site-wide ban for your action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

It strikes me that you're not even on the forum many months, let alone having many months to cogitate on the implications of insulting someone who volunteers their time to make this site good for everyone.

The ban stands. Sending abusive PMs is not acceptable and you are lucky not to have received a site-wide ban for your action.

Thank you for your reply. I will carry this burden with me and reflect on my actions for all eternity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement