Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full service petrol stations in town?

Options
  • 05-05-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any petrol stations in town (near IFSC, Ballybough, Fairview, Clontarf areas) that do the old fashioned full services check ups of your cars tyres air pressure, oil levels, engine coolant levels etc etc, as well as pump your petrol for you while you wait in your car?

Am asking on behalf of a physically handicapped neighbour who drives a specially modified car. She can't do it herself & she wants to avoid going to a garage. They always adjust her seat and steering wheel levels & that is a pain for her to have to readjust after wards. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I can only think of the petrol station beside Clontarf Yacht club. Your friend could pull in and ask the lads in Pat Clifford tires to check out the tyre, oil & engine levels. I'd like to think that they would help refueling the car giving your friends circumstances if she were to become a customer and buy her tyres there in the future. Maybe they will help out anyway.

I don't have a loyalty to the company, but, it's right beside a petrol station which is handy and nowadays you don't have mechanics in petrol stations. I have bought tyres there and while waiting have seen plenty of elderly people get there tyre pressure checked for free.

I'm not being smart, but could you, or someone you know do it? It's basic car ownership stuff! :) I do it for my neighbour who has magnets in her wheels that attract punctures every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks, I'll tell her about that. I presume that Pat Clifford tires is a business adjacent to the petrol station, not the petrol station itself?

I don't live here year round, so its not something that I can do for her on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll tell her about that. I presume that Pat Clifford tires is a business adjacent to the petrol station, not the petrol station itself?

I don't live here year round, so its not something that I can do for her on a regular basis.

Yeah, it's a tyre place right beside the petrol station, I don't think they are linked, but it would be handy for your friend, I'd imagine they would be accommodating.

Advertisement