Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Door Stuck

• 05-05-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

I have a patio door in my sitting room, and another in the kitchen. I think the make is GU. The one in the kitchen was awful squeaky when opened, but I greased the hinges and locking mechanisms, and it works perfectly now. However, the one in the sitting room is stuck. It's like the locking mechanism won't realease fully. The handle was always a bit stiff, but if you applied enough pressure, it would go down, and the door would open. I had been planning to grease it over the weekend, but now I can't open the door at all.

We weren't able to open the door for a while because the key was missing, and we only had it open 2 or 3 times since the key turned up.

Is there anything I can do to get that door open? I've tried applying pressure, from both sides. I took off the handle that didn't really have any benefits either.

Thanks.

Advertisement