Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mind made up, heading down under!!!

Options
  • 05-05-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

OK so after thinking long and hard about which visa to go for a WHV, in the mean time i can still be processing a skilled one as there is up to 12 months waiting on it.

So applied directly throught the OZ immigration, works out cheaper than using an agent and is pretty straight forward!!! These agents must be making a killing these days with people using them without even thinking they can do it themselves.

So as soon as its through im away, heading to Perth to see what it like first, then plan to head up the northern coast and right around to the east coast ending up in the south working different jobs chilling da hell out and just soaking it all in! Cant wait to be honset a 2 year holiday were ya can come and go each day as ya please!

Is anyone from here heading over in the next few weeks?

One question I have is do I need any injections from the doctor before i go? I havent a clue if i do or dont or even whch ones you would really be safer having! A quick visit to the doc next week will tell me but wondering do any of you know? Im hoping i dont as i fecking hate needles :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Tetanus booster if you haven't had one in the last 10 years.
    Hepatitis B if you're going to work in a job that has direct contact with blood eg dentist, nurse, lab personnel etc etc
    There's also a push on this year for younger folk here to get the flu injection because they rarely do

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

flying out on the 22nd with the wife and kids for a 3 week validation trip. perth first stop for 2 weeks and then on too sydney for a week. really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

trixyben wrote: »
    OK so after thinking long and hard about which visa to go for a WHV, in the mean time i can still be processing a skilled one as there is up to 12 months waiting on it.

So applied directly throught the OZ immigration, works out cheaper than using an agent and is pretty straight forward!!! These agents must be making a killing these days with people using them without even thinking they can do it themselves.

So as soon as its through im away, heading to Perth to see what it like first, then plan to head up the northern coast and right around to the east coast ending up in the south working different jobs chilling da hell out and just soaking it all in! Cant wait to be honset a 2 year holiday were ya can come and go each day as ya please!

Is anyone from here heading over in the next few weeks?

One question I have is do I need any injections from the doctor before i go? I havent a clue if i do or dont or even whch ones you would really be safer having! A quick visit to the doc next week will tell me but wondering do any of you know? Im hoping i dont as i fecking hate needles :o

There is a place called Tropical Medical Bureau based in USIT and in Grafton street you make an appointment, tell them where your going and they look after the rest , I used them few years back when going to OZ and they were 1. Cheap 2. Proffesional.
    They also have after support, I think you need to allow 3 weeks before your journey for the Jabs to work as they also cause flu like side effects which is the last thing you want before a 24hr trip. Good Luck In OZ!

Advertisement