Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY speed release TG2000 for ruger 10/22

Options
  • 05-05-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

after useing a speed release on my old 10/22 i wanted one for my new ruger. however nobody makes one :mad:
    so i decided to make one myself ill show the process and hopefully it will be of use to some one.
    i start off cutting down the extended mag release on the TG2000
    ruger1.jpg
    2nd i cut a strip of stainless to make the lever. i cut it the same width as the trigger guard.
    the piece is put into a vice and bent untill i got the shape of the trigger guard.
    i cut out a piece to allow use of the bolt hold open. without this cut it would be very hard to operate the bolt hold open.
    ruger2.jpg
    3rd i drilled 2 holes in the lever and in the mag release.
    i used 2 small bolts and nuts to fix both parts togeather.
    the head of bolts were covered with car body filler as were the sides.
    ruger3.jpg
    ruger4.jpg
    these are the the nuts that secure the lever to the mag release. their is no need to cover them as they wont be seen. but thread lock is a must.
    ruger5.jpg
    4th i put masking tape on the trigger itself.
    i then place body filler unto the masking tape.
    the lever is then installed and pushed down unto the filler.
    it is allowed to dry and the filler bonds itself to the lever.
    a little pull and they come apart.
    then just sand off the edges where the filler spilled over.
    this give you a close clean edghe between the 2 parts.
    ruger6.jpg
    the piece is primmed now and drying so ill paint it and post pictures of it installed.
    any questions feel free to ask :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

few pics of it painted and installed. i dont a function test with a few mags and its SWEET to use :cool:

blackspeedrelease2.jpg

blackspeedrelease1.jpg

Advertisement