Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's been your best buying surprise?

• 05-05-2012 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Do you know when you go to buy something and something comes with it?

And, you're there trying to get it off the thing that you were trying to buy?

So, the cellotape is too much of a problem,so, you take it home, like Tom Hagan.

And, you can't just bin it 'cos it looks like the puppy that nobody wanted?

I'm tucking into a pack of Nice creams. I bought a 3-pack of biscuits. They were only €1.50. I bought them for the Bourbon Creams. The Custard Creams were also there.

And these were in the middle. Hidden.

Yeah? YEAH?

I think they're Nice (excuse the pun).

Oh, and coconutty.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Do you know when you go to buy something and something comes with it?

And, you're there trying to get it off the thing that you were trying to buy?

So, the cellotape is too much of a problem,so, you take it home, like Tom Hagan.

And, you can't just bin it 'cos it looks like the puppy that nobody wanted?

I'm tucking into a pack of Nice creams. I bought a 3-pack of biscuits. They were only €1.50. I bought them for the Bourbon Creams. The Custard Creams were also there.

And these were in the middle. Hidden.

Yeah? YEAH?

I think they're Nice (excuse the pun).

Oh, and coconutty.:)

Imagine my delight, when I went to purchase the shoe that had been displayed in Korkys window for weeks, finally, I had saved enough money to go in and get lovely hobnail, when low and behold...........

The matching shoe came with it free!

And 2 x laces too.

I was made up to fcuk that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I bought a car once. Came with half a tank of petrol. "Get in there" I said, punching the air with a closed fist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I recently paid for the services of a prostitute

Ended up getting genital warts off her, for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

I was buying a suite of furniture last year and it came with a free potato peeler, really influenced my decision :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

This seems very obscure to ask, I got nothing:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I was buying a suite of furniture last year and it came with a free potato peeler, really influenced my decision :confused:

Top-notch! I actually have a mental image of you now, smugly reclining on your HUGE new sofa, whittling a potato into a statue of yourself taking the furniture salesman to the cleaners! :):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Went for a sh1te in the local maxol. Cracked one off while peeping through the keyhole at the chick packing shelves. Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Top-notch! I actually have a mental image of you now, smugly reclining on your HUGE new sofa, whittling a potato into a statue of yourself taking the furniture salesman to the cleaners! :):pac:

You're not far wrong! If I had been tempted by a different suite in the same shop, it came with a bottler opener but no, no, I don't feel hard done by...potatoes since Feb 2011 have never tasted so good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

You're not far wrong! If I had been tempted by a different suite in the same shop, it came with a bottler opener but no, no, I don't feel hard done by...potatoes since Feb 2011 have never tasted so good ;)

LOL. I now have an image of you and your OH sprawled across your TWO new HUGE sofas.

"Fancy a beer?" ;) Brandishing the new bottle-opener.

"In a sec, I'm not done whittling this potato yet" ;)

"I can't believe that sucker let us use both our vouchers. Here, let's pull the two of them together and make a square-shaped whittling craft centre."

"Niice!"

*clink*

Advertisement